Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any suggestions, complaints or just general feedback about the site? Please take the time to let us know what sections you would like to see implemented on MedStudentz and we will try to do the best that we can!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maik7upurz,

Thanks for the suggestion man!

Rock on!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I get what you're saying Doc_Ammara and we appreciate the feedback.

I will see if we can do something to implement these ideas in the near future.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think we can really expand and diversify our membership by opening up new sub-forums under International Medical Schools.

For example, mdical schools in Ireland, Eastern Europe, and Australia...

Great job on the forum, btw...I love the logo! #laugh
DrVladdy,

We'd love to expand and add these sections but we're just afraid that people may not use them at the moment. Having a lot of empty sections doesn't usually invite more users to join the site. If we could get more people participating in those topics, I'd love to add those sections. #happy

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why is the forum sooooo slow????? This is very bad..

Why can you copy, paste.. all this in the Quick reply?

Why is it that you cant post morethan 1000 characters in a post?
Hi Asrafee, I think the forum was experiencing some slowdown earlier while we were working on the site's backend to upgrade it.

Could you explain in more detail what you mean by 'why can you copy paste all this in the Quick reply' ? I'm not sure I understand.

The character limit was at 10,000 characters and has been upgraded to 30,000 characters. We try to keep a max limit on it just to keep spam away from the boards.

Please do let us know any other problems you're having -- we'll try our best to solve them.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
me being as curious as my cat i have a quick question...when you go onto a member profile..theres a little section saying "referrals" some people have a number next to it and others have zero what does it mean? thank you..
Good question Sadia. Referrals mean how many other people you have referred to our forum who then signed up and became members. I don't know if you remember but when you register for an account here, it asks you to list the user name of any person who referred you to the board.

So if you told a friend to join, and for the Referral name they entered Sadia, you would get one referral point and on your profile your referral number would increase by one.

Reactions: MastahRiz

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I am not able to EDIT my posts; I have edited my posts several times before. I thought maybe I wasn't logged on, but that was not the case; I logged off and logged back in to see of if it lets me edit now but no use, I thought maybe I am not allowed to edit posts now but the Posting Rules board at the bottom of the page states, "You may edit your posts."

I read "Reading and Posting Messages" under FAQ and i am thinking that maybe I am limited to how many times I can edit my posts depending on the setup of the forum, is that the case? I will keep trying though, it's not emergency ofcourse.
Hi Junnat,

The system allows you to edit your posts up to 30 minutes after you have made them so that you can correct any spelling or grammatical errors or change your mind about what you wanted to write. After the 30 minute period however it becomes a permanent part of our forum and is no longer editable.

Hope this clears up any confusion you were having! :)

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Love the forum.

Is there any way to stay subscribed to a thread and receive notifications about posts even if we havent written any recent posts? It would be really helpful instead of always having to check back to see the newest posts.

Thanks.
Good question.

To stay subscribed to a certain thread you can simply scroll to the top of a thread while reading it and find the "Thread Tools" drop-down menu. From there you can select "Subscribe to Thread" or another way to become subscribed is to select "Instant email notification" in the Notification Type dropdown menu when you are making a reply to a post from the "Go Advanced" menu. If you are quick-replying to a post then there isn't an option to select the notification type.

If you always want to be subscribed to every thread you post in, all you have to do is click on the "USER CP" button near the very top of the site on the toolbar and then click on the "Edit Options" link on the left sidebar that shows up. If you scroll down in the Options you will see the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" which you can set to "Instant Email Notification".

Let me know if you have any questions! #nerd

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I would like to see a Mobile version of the site optimized for smartphones. I travel very often and having a mobile version of this site would make reading and posting on the forums a lot easier.
We can definitely look into incorporating this feature. What type of smartphone do you have?

Reactions: Waleed90

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Hi Waleed,

We've activated Tapatalk as well as another competing mobile solution called ForumRunner. Let us know if you have any issues!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.