Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any suggestions, complaints or just general feedback about the site? Please take the time to let us know what sections you would like to see implemented on MedStudentz and we will try to do the best that we can!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Man you really need to subdivice your main topic groups here. General Med School Chat and Forum Feedback is too broad. I would suggest General Med Shool Discussion as 1, Board Exams Usmle/Plab as a second one, Medical School Admissions as a 3rd, Med school experience as a 4th, Med School beyond as a 5th, that way people who are trying to get in, who are currently in and those who are already out , will have relevant areas of discussion to participate in. I find that simply a general sub topic area loses its fire and gets boring and confusing fast...

Fix it Rehan!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maik7upurz,

Thanks for the suggestion man!

Rock on!

·
Registered
3 Posts
congrats!

heeeey salam friends,

First of all, Brother Rehan mubarak ho for setting up these wonderful forums!! :wink: I have seen they have already been helping many students, and I pray may Allah make these forums make a grreat source of help for everyone to use around the world! :)

Also brother Rehan we all sure can see how mucheffort and time to sure put in, to make these forum work!! thank you sooo much, bhai-jaan!

wish u all the best in ur studies,

Sara

·
Registered
173 Posts
i would like to suggest that the home page shouldnt show the forums directly,instead there should be an introduction or something like that about the site,its aims,perspectives,etc. etc.
lets see what do u suggest .

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Doc_Ammara! I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Our tagline in the header is supposed to sort of be as much introduction as needed, since people tend to just want to get to the information right away. Personally, I hate clicking one link after another after another before getting to where I originally wanted to go!

What's everyone else think?

·
Registered
173 Posts
infact,i mean to say that though the tagline is showing various things but theres nothing like introduction of the site...what is it all about? so n so. like if a guest is veiwing the website,he/she can direclty view the forum discussion but it takes some time to get what this site is actually about.so there should be some background story for starting the website or at least the introduction of the site and that what is it all about...the main purpose of the site is definitely the interaction of medical studnets/drz around the planet,sharing of informations,views,reviews,personal experinces,etc etc. so if such things are written on the home page of the website,guests veiwing the site can readily get what its all about instead of spendin time in readin the forums and then coming to know about what the site actually is....
have u got my point now or shouldi explain some other way??
thou personally,i too hate clicking so many liks, but homepage should give the introduction about the site at least in my view!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I get what you're saying Doc_Ammara and we appreciate the feedback.

I will see if we can do something to implement these ideas in the near future.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think we can really expand and diversify our membership by opening up new sub-forums under International Medical Schools.

For example, mdical schools in Ireland, Eastern Europe, and Australia...

Great job on the forum, btw...I love the logo! #laugh

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think we can really expand and diversify our membership by opening up new sub-forums under International Medical Schools.

For example, mdical schools in Ireland, Eastern Europe, and Australia...

Great job on the forum, btw...I love the logo! #laugh
DrVladdy,

We'd love to expand and add these sections but we're just afraid that people may not use them at the moment. Having a lot of empty sections doesn't usually invite more users to join the site. If we could get more people participating in those topics, I'd love to add those sections. #happy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why is the forum sooooo slow????? This is very bad..

Why can you copy, paste.. all this in the Quick reply?

Why is it that you cant post morethan 1000 characters in a post?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why is the forum sooooo slow????? This is very bad..

Why can you copy, paste.. all this in the Quick reply?

Why is it that you cant post morethan 1000 characters in a post?
Hi Asrafee, I think the forum was experiencing some slowdown earlier while we were working on the site's backend to upgrade it.

Could you explain in more detail what you mean by 'why can you copy paste all this in the Quick reply' ? I'm not sure I understand.

The character limit was at 10,000 characters and has been upgraded to 30,000 characters. We try to keep a max limit on it just to keep spam away from the boards.

Please do let us know any other problems you're having -- we'll try our best to solve them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
well
it will be pretty good to subdivide the main forum into subforums and i think there should be one portion of the forum which will keep you upto date about the modern research in medical field as that will keep all of you upto date........
in addition there is need of mutual communication, as the members who are from abraod and have good resources and technologies they should share their knowledge to the fellows who are in less developed countries.......

but still there is need of more suggestions.......

regards
aftab

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
The main forum is subdivided into many subforums, some of which are even further subdivided. Make sure you haven't collapsed the forums into a single section by clicking the the blue arrow located at the right side of the blue border above for the section.

We'll do our best to try and incorporate a medical research area, though we've got a lot of a subdivisions as is. Still a great idea though.

As for "mutual communication," I don't really understand what you mean. Everyone is communicating, whether from developing countries or western countries. The forum is run by "members who are from abroad." We're doing nothing but sharing our knowledge, just like you suggested :)

Thanks for the post Aftabac, and keep those excellent ideas rollin'!#yes

·
Registered
349 Posts
me being as curious as my cat i have a quick question...when you go onto a member profile..theres a little section saying "referrals" some people have a number next to it and others have zero what does it mean? thank you..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts