Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good study environment allows you to maintain your concentration and maximize your learning efficiency. The most important thing avoid Texting, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, and other distractions that come from our phones. Regular breaks are very essential to enhance your learning capacity because the human brain can not concentrate. I used to follow these things when I was doing my MD degree at all saints university college of medicine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I enjoy the concept of Flow states, as described by Mike Csikszentmihalyi,
It is like deliberate "in-zone state".

I usually purposefully dedicate slots of times of at least one hour to do one single study task at a time and take breaks of about 10 min in between.
In a given morning, I would do 2 sessions of Flow and only check correspondence/social media by 10:30 AM, after lunch 1:30 PM and at perhaps 3:30 or 4:30 PM.

I believe the key is planning the time slots specifically and sticking to it honestly and judiciously.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I enjoy the concept of Flow states, as described by Mike Csikszentmihalyi,
It is like deliberate "in-zone state".

I usually purposefully dedicate slots of times of at least one hour to do one single study task at a time and take breaks of about 10 min in between.
In a given morning, I would do 2 sessions of Flow and only check correspondence/social media by 10:30 AM, after lunch 1:30 PM and at perhaps 3:30 or 4:30 PM.

I believe the key is planning the time slots specifically and sticking to it honestly and judiciously.
Yes, your concept is valuable, When I was in Caribbean medical school I used to do this things, in which college or university you are in present?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, your concept is valuable, When I was in Caribbean medical school I used to do this things, in which college or university you are in present?
Replied here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts