Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been reading the threads on this forum for the past few days to get acquainted with the application processes for overseas schools.

I've a few questions to ask pertaining to my situation in particular.

1. I graduated from a well-known homeschooling program. Nationally accredited and I have received my high-school diploma.
I do realize that people from Pakistan are not familiar with homeschooling in general.
Will this pose an issue during the application process? I am looking to apply to DIMC, in particular.

2. I did not take Physics in during my high school career (I believe it was not offered, but I do not remember).
Will this pose an issue during the application process? I am looking to apply to DIMC, in particular.
I read in the FAQ post by 'Rehan' that high school physics was a requirement but looking at the DIMC application form (not allowed to post links), it seems that you can take math in place of physics.

3. I am aware the for DIMC, the third option is left to choice.
Which Subject for the SAT Subject Tests will look the most impressive on my application?
Keep in mind that I have not taken Physics, making it difficult for me to pass.

4. As long as I score sufficiently on my SAT Subject Tests, will an IBCC Equivalence Certificate be necessary for admission into DIMC?
If you scroll down to "Admission Requirements for Overseas Students" on page 2 of the brochure (not allowed to post links), you will notice that it is either/or.
So are both required, or just one?

5. When do you all recommend I get started with the application process? And what steps should I take first? I want to have all my ducks in a row and be ready well before the start of the 2016 session.

If the MedStudentz community would be king enough to answer my questions thoroughly, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also if you all have contacts, phone numbers, and emails for the admissions offices, dean of affairs, and any other helpful resources, I would greatly appreciate it.

I would also like to get into personal contact (through private messaging or facebook) with a current student at the school to show me the ropes, if possible.

Thank you very much,
I look forward to studying with you all.

- - - Updated - - -

DIMC applicants may also take the MCAT, needing a minimum aggregate score of 24 for acceptance.

Would that be something any of you recommend in place of the SAT II?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: 02/04/15

I have questions 3,4,5 answered.

Now I just need to get in contact with a current student at DIMC.

I'm a new user so I am not allowed to send private messages yet.
If any one attending DIMC is reading this and willing to help me out, please add me, pm me, or reply to this thread.

Thank you,
Wassauce

·
Registered
91 Posts
DIMC stands for dow international university r8???if yes so u can get admission in dow very easily. .my one friend last year got admission in dow though her alevels grades was nt that gud like below B but her sat 2 results was outstanding. Hence she got admission on the basis of sat 2.overseas students have choice either to give MCAT or to give sat 2 with min score of 550 per subject.
Hope it helps. .:relaxed:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.