Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.. i am an extremely mediocre student who get Bs and a C in O levels and 1 B and 2 Cs in AS level though i am trying to push the A level grades a bit higher..inshallah... though overall pathetic grades... i am in serious tension here i really wanna get into a good medical college like KEMC or Agha khan but the future is really bleak..i dnt know what to do..is there any chance of me ending up in a good institute wid grades like mine or shall i just get a reality check and put a full stop on my dreams of becoming a doctor??? though i really want to see myself as a doctor one day..is it true that there is a high biasism againt O and A levelers in pakistan and wid grades like mine i must be joking abt thinking to get into a pakistani med school??? plz help me out..is there anyone out there who had grades like mine but ended up in a good med college???? i really reaalllyyy want to be a doctor..

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
First of all, read the forum rules here before you start using this forum.

You are NOT allowed to double post in this forum.

I don't know anyone who's gotten into medical school with those kinds of grades. You need to get an equivalence certificate made from the IBCC and see what kind of score they give you.

The government medical schools select nothing but the creme of the creme of the crop, and you'll face the most fierce competition possible at the admissions level there. Private medical colleges like Aga Khan will also be just as difficult. Some private medical colleges offer entrance tests or accept SAT scores as a way to make your application look better. You may want to try studying for those and if you get above 750 or so, or rank really high on the entrance tests, then you may have somewhat of a chance, but with your grades, it's needless to say that it's an uphill battle no matter how you look at it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get hold of the grades conversion tool and then convert your grades into marks, go for the entry test. There are good chances for students to get a good seat based on entry test result.

I think that you may have a talent for doing something else, this is just what i think from reading your post.

·
Registered
349 Posts
hey Romay..i know the most intellegent of people who got C's in their AS levels, but considering you show so much enthusiasm, why not work harder?..make your education for the next yr or so your main focal point in life and inshAllah you'll do well, if you want medicine that bad you'll do it no matter how long it takes how hard you have to work, jus remain motivated and always think of the bigger and (brighter) picture :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts