Medical Students Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Sajjad,

Sorry the only information I have from doing res in UK and an International medical graduate is that you write Plab 1 and Plab 2 or something like that and their residency programs differ quite a bit as well compared to Canada and US. I only have info on Canada and USA at the moment as I myself am a Canadian. Ill try researching and asking around the next couple days and if i find some valuble information i'll post it here on the thread.
Not to worry. I would be kind of you if you please do ask around. I'll do some research as well. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not to worry. I would be kind of you if you please do ask around. I'll do some research as well. Thanks
No worries,

If you learn anything please post it on this thread. I will do the same. Maybe it will benefit me in the future as well!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey, thanks for the information, but I find it a bit misleading. It takes around 12-18 months to achieve WFME Recognition including the application process. As of yet, PMC has not achieved recognition status or applied for one, but they are figuring it out-- I remember somebody emailed the president of PMC and they replied that we are working on it. It probably is a finance problem since recognition costs US$ 60,000.
$60,000 USD isn't that much especially to gain accreditation for a whole country and all of its medical schools. It literally adds up to be one foreign students tuition in Pakistan over the 5 years (more if the student decides to go private). So are you sure money is the problem for them? Is PMC that broke?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts