Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever been discriminated against for your religion, the place where you study medicine, your looks, culture, etc... Please share?

I know I have faced quite a bit of discrimination in my day. So far I?ve been discriminated against for all the categories except religion!

·
Registered
129 Posts
religion , the way i look and at times the way i dress specially if im wearing the traditional pakistani dress with the skull cap ....

·
Registered
1 Posts
i haven't bin discriminated against any of those categories.. just posted to let u ppl know that i understand how it wil to be discriminated and that as long as i live i will never discriminate anybody.. For i believ that we are all created as equals.. :)

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I agree with Akila...I don't recall ever being discriminated against myself but have heard plenty of accounts of others who have had to face the disgusting concept of discrimination in their life.

I think we as future doctors must always hold the ideals of our profession as high as possible and never discriminate against any patient based upon his or her financial or social status, race, religion, or background.

We're becoming healers, not judges, right? :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts