Medical Students Forums banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Stop lying to yourself brother, you would have gone straight to Shalamar, eyes closed if you hadn't submitted fees in FMH.

Now that you are admitted in FMH, all of a sudden you are saying that it has become better than Shalamar. It doesn't work like this mate. I checked your previous posts, even you admitted that Shalamar is way better than FMH. If it was not, you wouldn't have made this thread. You were asking MasterH (who is from Shalamar) in the start of this thread of what you should do because you panicked in excitement of getting a call from Shalamar.

And now all of a sudden, FMH is better than Shalamar because you decided to stay in FMH because you had already deposited fee there.

FMH is a good college, no doubt but, you shouldn't get unrealistic.

And I am sorry, if I disheartened you in any way.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sharif is not bad either.

Didn't you check the 1st Prof Part 2 result, where Shalamar was 90.5% and FMH was somewhere in 80s.

Yes Sharif and Avicenna both produce good results often as far as I know but there clinical side isn't that good. Sharif is although comparatively a lot better than Avicenna without a doubt.

Campuses make up for an overall experience. FMH's although no doubt is a good college but their growth as an institute has somehow become stagnant. That is why newer colleges like Shalamar and CMH superceded it.

But that certainly does not mean that FMH is a bad one, its a good one but, it stopped its growth.

Lets leave Shalamar aside, because people in this forum clearly have some problem accepting it as it is although they haven't even stepped inside it. I will give you an example of LMDC and taking the latter two colleges out of equation. So, LMDC is older than FMH and the oldest in Punjab in Private sector, it has the most batches out and many of their graduates are at senior positions in Pakistan and Abroad. Where does it stand now? It is a backup college for everyone with a high aggregate, admit that.
So despite being the oldest and with the most batches out, why is it treated like that? Just because it stopped evolving, upgrading and stopped being honest.

So your entire argument of 'oh its the oldest college that is why its better, or it has the most batches out so its automatically better' isn't valid. Although many of LMDCs graduates have even become Associate Professors and some even HODs in colleges in periphery but, LMDC lost its charm, merit and respect.

So, lets take an international example of Stanford, the college which is just 55 or so years old but still has the lowest acceptance rate in US in comparison to the likes of the IVYs which have been around since 1600s and 1700s.

Although there are certain things where FMH is good at, the clinicals and faculty of FMH are good but, its campus, ambience, extra curriculars and management are not that good at all and even you will agree.

And thus, Shalamar not only has two really good hospitals better than any, but also has better faculty and better campus, management and ambience are a big plus too. So its all additive. Same is the case with CMH.

Now you guys tell me, you all have no problem calling CMH the best although FMH and LMDC are a lot older than it but, you have problems calling Shalamar the best. Isn't it bigotry at best? If Shalamar has 1 batch out, CMH probably has 3 or 4 and none of its students are anywhere or established at any position neither in the country nor abroad, let alone having big names. This is bigotry.

If I say, "CMH is the best" you all will start nodding your heads in agreement, why?
Shalamar has a great campus like CMH, better clinical exposure than CMH, better faculty than CMH, has become the first college under UHS to inculcate integrated modular system and is growing exponentially, and Shalamar has the advantage of a UHS degree. So why such bigotry? Why don't you call LMDC the best just because your argument was that 'the oldest and the most batches out college is certainly better than the rest'?

And, I am not addressing you AhmadT, I am addressing everyone who has been looking for ways to tell on this forum that "Shalamar is new and it MAY be the next big thing but it certainly isn't now" or those who said "its day is not today". You didn't give that argument since years about CMH. Why such bigotry? Don't give me that "Oh its run by army", its a well known fact in Lahore that "Shalamar is run by LUMS".

Why is there such a dicotomy in views? Why do people have so much trouble acknowledging the stature and achievements of Shalamar while they had none with CMH. This is all bigotry.
Respect, sir. Respect. �� Hats off. �� I hope you come to SMDC. ����

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sharif is not bad either. ;)

Didn't you check the 1st Prof Part 2 result, where Shalamar was 90.5% and FMH was somewhere in 80s.

Yes Sharif and Avicenna both produce good results often as far as I know but there clinical side isn't that good. Sharif is although comparatively a lot better than Avicenna without a doubt.

Campuses make up for an overall experience. FMH's although no doubt is a good college but their growth as an institute has somehow become stagnant. That is why newer colleges like Shalamar and CMH superceded it.

But that certainly does not mean that FMH is a bad one, its a good one but, it stopped its growth.

Lets leave Shalamar aside, because people in this forum clearly have some problem accepting it as it is although they haven't even stepped inside it. I will give you an example of LMDC and CMH, and taking the former two colleges out of equation. So, LMDC is older than FMH and the oldest in Punjab in Private sector, it has the most batches out even more than FMH and many of their graduates are at senior positions in Pakistan and Abroad. Where does it stand now? It is a backup college for everyone with a high aggregate, admit that. Its not anybody's top preference and studious students are reluctant to go there or almost never go there. So despite being the oldest and with the most batches out, why is it treated like that? Just because it stopped evolving, upgrading and stopped being honest.

So your entire argument of 'oh its the oldest college that is why its better, or it has the most batches out so its automatically better' isn't valid. Although many of LMDCs graduates have even become Associate Professors and some even HODs in colleges in periphery but, LMDC lost its charm, merit and respect.

So, lets take an international example of Stanford, the college which was established in almost 1900 but still has the lowest acceptance rate in US in comparison to the likes of the IVYs which have been around since 1600s and 1700s.

Although there are certain things where FMH is good at, the clinicals and faculty of FMH are good but, its campus, ambience, extra curriculars and management are not that good at all and even you will agree.

And thus, Shalamar not only has two really good hospitals better than any, but also has better faculty and better campus, management and ambience are a big plus too. So its all additive. Same is the case with CMH.

Now you guys tell me, you all have no problem calling CMH the best although FMH and LMDC are a lot older than it but, you have problems calling Shalamar the best. Isn't it bigotry at best? If Shalamar has 1 batch out, CMH probably has 3 or 4 and none of its students are anywhere or established at any position neither in the country nor abroad, let alone having big names. This is bigotry.

If I say, "CMH is the best" you all will start nodding your heads in agreement, WHY?
Shalamar has a great campus like CMH, better clinical exposure than CMH, better faculty than CMH, has become the first college under UHS to inculcate integrated modular system and is growing exponentially, and Shalamar has the advantage of a UHS degree. So why such bigotry? Why don't you call LMDC the best just because your argument was that 'the oldest and the most batches out college is certainly better than the rest'?

And, I am not addressing you AhmadT, I am addressing everyone who has been looking for ways to tell on this forum that "Shalamar is new and it MAY be the next big thing but it certainly isn't now" or those who said "its day is not today". You didn't give that argument since years about CMH. Why such bigotry? Don't give me that "Oh its run by army", its a well known fact in Lahore that "Shalamar is run by LUMS".

Why is there such a dicotomy in views? Why do people have so much trouble acknowledging the stature and achievements of Shalamar while they had none with CMH. This is all bigotry.
I am 100% agreeing with you to the fact that SMDC is the best even though I should be biased about my college ( FMH is where I study). Bear with me here
Now It is established by everyone that Shalamar is the best private Institute in Punjab, Where some people say that Shalamar is the 2nd best and CMH deserves the top spot and it becomes a long battle between which of the two is the best. Why is there bigotry you say, Its because the mere thought of an Institute being the 'Best' is absolutely subjective to different opinions, We cannot measure and calculate the achievements of the 2 colleges because it is impossible. In the real world we cannot measure the different aspects of an institute completely( From what the Graduates are doing after they completed their MBBS, In your case).
As to why people have trouble acknowledging the achievements of Shalamar can also be dealt with logic. It is true that those colleges that are older aren't necessarily the top in Punjab but they are acknowledged by everyone in Punjab. LMDC and Sharif are very old institutes that is why their alumini are more spread out than those of Shalamar, Their Hospitals( Ittefaq,Medical City,Doctors Hospital) are also more renowned in Lahore. It will take time for people to acknowledge Shalamars achievements, Shalamar is comparatively new so obviously it will take quite a bit of time for people to fully see the potential it has.
For CMH anything that is run by the army is categorized as prestigious in the eyes of the public (Becuase of our patriotic and ultra-nationalistic nature as a people) there are many examples like DHA,NUST,AMC,CMH,Askari and other Developmental/Educational projects etc.
Its not bigotry, Its just that people don't fully know what SMDC has to offer and they cannot be blamed for having a different opinion than us(difference of opinion is quite justified).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am 100% agreeing with you to the fact that SMDC is the best even though I should be biased about my college ( FMH is where I study). Bear with me here
Now It is established by everyone that Shalamar is the best private Institute in Punjab, Where some people say that Shalamar is the 2nd best and CMH deserves the top spot and it becomes a long battle between which of the two is the best. Why is there bigotry you say, Its because the mere thought of an Institute being the 'Best' is absolutely subjective to different opinions, We cannot measure and calculate the achievements of the 2 colleges because it is impossible. In the real world we cannot measure the different aspects of an institute completely( From what the Graduates are doing after they completed their MBBS, In your case).
As to why people have trouble acknowledging the achievements of Shalamar can also be dealt with logic. It is true that those colleges that are older aren't necessarily the top in Punjab but they are acknowledged by everyone in Punjab. LMDC and Sharif are very old institutes that is why their alumini are more spread out than those of Shalamar, Their Hospitals( Ittefaq,Medical City,Doctors Hospital) are also more renowned in Lahore. It will take time for people to acknowledge Shalamars achievements, Shalamar is comparatively new so obviously it will take quite a bit of time for people to fully see the potential it has.
For CMH anything that is run by the army is categorized as prestigious in the eyes of the public (Becuase of our patriotic and ultra-nationalistic nature as a people) there are many examples like DHA,NUST,AMC,CMH,Askari and other Developmental/Educational projects etc.
Its not bigotry, Its just that people don't fully know what SMDC has to offer and they cannot be blamed for having a different opinion than us(difference of opinion is quite justified).
I do understand your logic and the point that you are trying to raise. :) But, as far as Shalamar Hospital is concerned, it's the oldest private hospital in Lahore and the surrounding region, it was established somewhere in 1974 so, its a lot more renowned and has been there since the longest time. Hospitals like Ittefaq, Doctor's and Sharif Medical City still newer as compared to Shalamar. And, the other hospital which is Fauji Foundation is a 100% free hospital. And, Shalamar is run by the administration of LUMS and shares the same Board of Governors/Trustees, which is a widely known fact as well.

And, Skandril what does your wisedom say about these people who are constantly trying to let Shalamar down without even knowing what it is, what its qualities are and what standards it has. Without knowing anything, how can they say with conviction that we shouldn't call Shalamar the best.

When I say bigotry I mean, that people here don't know anything about Shalamar and still are so sure that, it ain't the best. And, they present with the most illogical of the reasons, not realizing that they are making an absolute mockery of their own opinion by applying a criteria (in this case; batches out and ages of an institute) to one college (Shalamar) and not to another (CMH). They spread negativity with so much conviction as if, they are experts in the history of that institute. Do you think that is fair?

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't people just say that, they don't know anything about Shalamar instead of spreading negativity and making assumptions about it and pulling its legs with the illogical of all the reasons, with so much conviction, despite not knowing anything about it?

·
Registered
317 Posts
As I said before we cannot measure the true essence of a good college in the real world, There are just too much irregularities and aproximations that needs to be sorted out before we characterize a college as the 'best', (I can say that for far fetched comparisons like LMDC vs SMDC or Sharif VS SMDC) but for something that we are not so sure of (Like SMDC vs CMH) that is where we cannot draw a definite line because each of these 2 college has its own deeds. Personally I think SMDC is the best Private med school in Punjab but what if someone else says CMH is the best? Which opinion has higher merit even though they both are one of the best?
Its not fair at all to spread negativity about an Institute which people 'have no knowledge of', Now that in itself is the answer. As I have said before People really dont see what Shalamar has to offer, It is a relatively new institute compared to the older ones which have had exposure much longer like FMH,LMDC,Sharif etc. In a few years there might be a positive uniformity in the general opinion about Shalamar.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that there isn't a positive uniformity now, Alot of people think Shalamar is one of the best but the majority of the people( That I have met) think CMH is #1 in Punjab.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As I said before we cannot measure the true essence of a good college in the real world, There are just too much irregularities and aproximations that needs to be sorted out before we characterize a college as the 'best', (I can say that for far fetched comparisons like LMDC vs SMDC or Sharif VS SMDC) but for something that we are not so sure of (Like SMDC vs CMH) that is where we cannot draw a definite line because each of these 2 college has its own deeds. Personally I think SMDC is the best Private med school in Punjab but what if someone else says CMH is the best? Which opinion has higher merit even though they both are one of the best?
Its not fair at all to spread negativity about an Institute which people 'have no knowledge of', Now that in itself is the answer. As I have said before People really dont see what Shalamar has to offer, It is a relatively new institute compared to the older ones which have had exposure much longer like FMH,LMDC,Sharif etc. In a few years there might be a positive uniformity in the general opinion about Shalamar.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that there isn't a positive uniformity now, Alot of people think Shalamar is one of the best but the majority of the people( That I have met) think CMH is #1 in Punjab.
I think you have presented your point with a lot of clarity. :) However, like you said people have been quite unfair to Shalamar here and know absolutely nothing about it and yet do not hesitate to spread negativity about it. Also, I think some people cannot digest how an institute as young as Shalamar can achieve so much in such a short span of time, that's why they might be in constant denial. ;) lol.

On another note I think, in the battle of SMDC vs CMH, due to CMH's deaffiliation with UHS and Shalamar's exponential growth as an institute, the curve has finally shifted in favor of Shalamar, with an increasing inclination of students towards Shalamar over CMH, which from now on will continue to grow by leaps and bounds, if it continues to grow at the same pace.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I'm not denying that Shalamar is good. It is very good. Yeah I was confused at first. But I could easily have refunded from FMH if I wanted to. I didn't because I take the respect and name of FMH over the fancy campus of others any day.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm not denying that Shalamar is good. It is very good. Yeah I was confused at first. But I could easily have refunded from FMH if I wanted to. I didn't because I take the respect and name of FMH over the fancy campus of others any day.
Hahaha. This is getting really funny. :roll:

·
Registered
212 Posts
bc yahan to bara tees mar khan bana hua hai blody bull**** tere andar bahir hojaon ga zara mil to sahi HIJDEY PLEB TERA BAAP HOGA SHI*TY ****

- - - Updated - - -

tere jaisa do takay k mummy daddy sc*mbags ki auqaat bari achi tarah pata hai aikk jhaaanpar parey ga aur teri sari pant geeeeeeli hojai bloody s*um

- - - Updated - - -

do takay k hijdey yahan kia phannay khan bana hua hai G samney aa na tere andar bahir na hua then say

- - - Updated - - -

tere andarr ghusss k phatt jaon ga saaley mummy daddy ****

·
Registered
69 Posts
bc yahan to bara tees mar khan bana hua hai blody bull**** tere andar bahir hojaon ga zara mil to sahi HIJDEY PLEB TERA BAAP HOGA SHI*TY ****

- - - Updated - - -

tere jaisa do takay k mummy daddy sc*mbags ki auqaat bari achi tarah pata hai aikk jhaaanpar parey ga aur teri sari pant geeeeeeli hojai bloody s*um

- - - Updated - - -

do takay k hijdey yahan kia phannay khan bana hua hai G samney aa na tere andar bahir na hua then say

- - - Updated - - -

tere andarr ghusss k phatt jaon ga saaley mummy daddy ****
Do they teach you to talk like this in AMC or did your parents teach you?

·
Registered
212 Posts
apni bakwass bandd kar samajh ayi hai!!!! dont talk about AMC or whateva you twat! i want to meet you face to face and tell you what EXCREMENT i have BLOODY CRAP so why dont you face me instead of writing this and that!!!! THIS IS THE LANGUAGE YOU PPL UNDERSTAND AND I WANT TO TELL YOU IF I WAS DROPPED SO MEET ME YOU NOOB

·
Registered
69 Posts
apni bakwass bandd kar samajh ayi hai!!!! dont talk about AMC or whateva you twat! i want to meet you face to face and tell you what EXCREMENT i have BLOODY CRAP so why dont you face me instead of writing this and that!!!! THIS IS THE LANGUAGE YOU PPL UNDERSTAND AND I WANT TO TELL YOU IF I WAS DROPPED SO MEET ME YOU NOOB
I didn't know AMC accepted such low class people that can't hold a civilised conversation without wanting to fight. It must be really going down the gutter.

·
Registered
212 Posts
​f off bloody civilian

- - - Updated - - -

SAALEY BC TERE SE ZAYADA NO THE MCAT MEI TERI TARAH PRIVATE SHOP MEI NAHI PARHH RAHA GA**** AUR TERE SE ZAYADA PAISA AUR CLASS HAI FKIN TWAT

- - - Updated - - -

YOU CAN SHOVE YOUR SHOP

- - - Updated - - -

GO F YOURSELF SHALAMAR SHOP FORUM NO ONE GIVES A F TO WHAT YOU TWATS SAY OR DO SO YA SHOVEEEEEEEEE IT NOOOOOOOOOOOBS

61 - 80 of 82 Posts