Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call letter from Shalamar for mbbs today alhamdulillah.....but I have already submitted fee in FMH and today was my first class....what should I do?

masterh please reply too :cautious:

- - - Updated - - -

The last date for fee submission for Shalamar is 4 Dec Fri btw

- - - Updated - - -

Since no one is responding I'm thinking of sticking with FMH

·
Registered
69 Posts
100% fee refund if you leave before the commencement of classes. 50% if you leave 2 weeks after classes start.

I would personally just stay in FMH. You'll become just as good a doctor there then if you moved to Shalamar.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Masterh has glorified Shalamar on this forum more than it really is. It is relatively new so obviously they have a better campus etc. But quality of study of an educational institution only improves with experience. FMH is older and more reputed than Shalamar. Before joining medstudentz, I had never even heard of Shalamar honestly.
Stay with FMH is better choice.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Masterh has glorified Shalamar on this forum more than it really is. It is relatively new so obviously they have a better campus etc. But quality of study of an educational institution only improves with experience. FMH is older and more reputed than Shalamar. Before joining medstudentz, I had never even heard of Shalamar honestly.
I wanted to say this for a while. I thought I was crazy when everyone was agreeing with him that Shalamer is one of the best private colleges in Pakistan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
He himself is graduate of first batch of Shalamar. And when someone says to him that old colleges are better he gives example of a lamborghini and old suzuki. And if anyone tries to tell him to stop glorifying his own college and misguiding people he makes a very big fight on the forum. That is why no one says anything.
I was shocked when he started insulting CMH, AMC and Shifa as well while trying to say Shalamar is the best. CMH, AMC, Shifa and AKU dont have competitors in Pakistan yet!
I wanted to say this for a while. I thought I was crazy when everyone was agreeing with him that Shalamer is one of the best private colleges in Pakistan.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well everyone has his own opinions and they are all correct from their prespective, I myself believe that SMDC is the best private medical school in Pakistan under UHS. Now there are many colleges under different universities but if we compare colleges from different universities like UHS,STMU,AKU etc. Shalamar still comes out to one of the best private med schools in Pakistan. Now for @AhmadT's question I think you shouldn't change your college as FMH is an excellent college and there is nothing to lose except money if you migrate to SMDC, You are in a fine place either way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I understand that everyone loves their institution but yaar this is a forum to help people make the best decision. And in terms of medical college, if you are planning to work in Pakistan, reputation of college is of prime importance. And reputation of colleges is due to their experience. People hiring you at hospitals are old people, they don't know of new colleges like shalamar. They know of old names, like FMH, Agha Khan, Shifa etc.
Anyway, good luck everyone! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been following this forum for a while now but, honestly this post provoked me to actually sign up and reply. Before I do so, let me assure you I am not a medical student but all my elder siblings, my parents and relatives all are doctors.

Ali Warraich, since long I have been following this forum and checking posts daily, you clearly seem to have some personal issues with MasterH, who I know is very protective of his college but none of what he said is actually wrong. He has been the most helpful of all the members ever on this forum and he left because of you. So yeah, in his absence don't call out his name and make mockery of an institute as great as Shalamar.

Let me ask you, have you been to Shalamar or do you even know anything about it?
Just because you didn't hear about Shalamar doesn't mean anything, I mean who are you?

As far as FMH vs Shalamar is concerned, although both give the degree of the same university but there is hell lot of difference. FMH has an absolute crappy campus, their curriculum is really bad and they have not been able to properly implement the modular system. Their results are always lower than Shalamar and their reputation has went downhill in the recent years. Plus, their administration is pathetic. The guy Khalid who is incharge of the student affairs is a big thug who takes money and admit students. Please don't talk about repute because with your last posts that I have seen, you clearly look lost and misguided.

When you hear about Shalamar, all you know is that if you have got admission in Shalamar you probably got in on merit. There is no other private college in Punjab which can boost of it. Not even AMC or CMH or Shifa can boost of taking students ONLY and ONLY on merit which is the biggest beauty of Shalamar.

My parents work in UHS and the only college they speak very highly of is, Shalamar and AKU. Not only them, all their colleagues who are renowned doctors of Pakistan speak very highly of Shalamar because of it having the most senior faculty in Private sector in Punjab. Insha Allah, I hope I get an aggregate enough to get admission in Shalamar if I don't make it to government. Because, all the senior doctors (big guns) think that if there is any college capable financially, structurally and educationally competent enough to beat AKU in the coming years, its Shalamar. And almost everyone who is connected to the medical field on the educational front knows that and is convinced.

- - - Updated - - -

He himself is graduate of first batch of Shalamar. And when someone says to him that old colleges are better he gives example of a lamborghini and old suzuki. And if anyone tries to tell him to stop glorifying his own college and misguiding people he makes a very big fight on the forum. That is why no one says anything.
I was shocked when he started insulting CMH, AMC and Shifa as well while trying to say Shalamar is the best. CMH, AMC, Shifa and AKU dont have competitors in Pakistan yet!
No one cares what you think man. I saw your earlier posts, you were probably just making a fool of yourself by just repeating what members like nida.rasul were saying. Doesn't look like you have an opinion of your own.

On the other hand, I joined this forum to seek help from MasterH, who left because of your stupidity. He was a senior that you all should have respected. Yes, he was bragging about his college but trust me, none of what he said was wrong, Shalamar is actually the best private medical college in the province and comes next to AKU nationally.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now, Dr. Hasan Shoaib (friend of my father) who is Head of Medical Education in Shalamar is the guy who is teaching all the government and private medical colleges under UHS about how to implement clinically oriented modular system because as of this moment, the only college who has successfully implemented modular system under UHS is Shalamar and now Shalamar is training everybody and even UHS. My parents go to Shalamar for workshops and they get training from there so you can well imagine what a great and pioneering institute it has become.

Very lucky are those who are getting admission in Shalamar because in the future it will be the most difficult college to get into because it has support of the whole medical community.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. OMG! I have written so much, everyone may mistake me to be MasterH himself. :p

But, trust me people Shalamar is really top notch and it has vast resources and potential to make it big internationally too. I hope I get in there next admission cycle Insha Allah. Pray for me. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been following this forum for a while now but, honestly this post provoked me to actually sign up and reply. Before I do so, let me assure you I am not a medical student but all my elder siblings, my parents and relatives all are doctors.

Ali Warraich, since long I have been following this forum and checking posts daily, you clearly seem to have some personal issues with MasterH, who I know is very protective of his college but none of what he said is actually wrong. He has been the most helpful of all the members ever on this forum and he left because of you. So yeah, in his absence don't call out his name and make mockery of an institute as great as Shalamar.

Let me ask you, have you been to Shalamar or do you even know anything about it?
Just because you didn't hear about Shalamar doesn't mean anything, I mean who are you?

As far as FMH vs Shalamar is concerned, although both give the degree of the same university but there is hell lot of difference. FMH has an absolute crappy campus, their curriculum is really bad and they have not been able to properly implement the modular system. Their results are always lower than Shalamar and their reputation has went downhill in the recent years. Plus, their administration is pathetic. The guy Khalid who is incharge of the student affairs is a big thug who takes money and admit students. Please don't talk about repute because with your last posts that I have seen, you clearly look lost and misguided.

When you hear about Shalamar, all you know is that if you have got admission in Shalamar you probably got in on merit. There is no other private college in Punjab which can boost of it. Not even AMC or CMH or Shifa can boost of taking students ONLY and ONLY on merit which is the biggest beauty of Shalamar.

My parents work in UHS and the only college they speak very highly of is, Shalamar and AKU. Not only them, all their colleagues who are renowned doctors of Pakistan speak very highly of Shalamar because of it having the most senior faculty in Private sector in Punjab. Insha Allah, I hope I get an aggregate enough to get admission in Shalamar if I don't make it to government. Because, all the senior doctors (big guns) think that if there is any college capable financially, structurally and educationally competent enough to beat AKU in the coming years, its Shalamar. And almost everyone who is connected to the medical field on the educational front knows that and is convinced.

- - - Updated - - -

No one cares what you think man. I saw your earlier posts, you were probably just making a fool of yourself by just repeating what members like nida.rasul were saying. Doesn't look like you have an opinion of your own.

On the other hand, I joined this forum to seek help from MasterH, who left because of your stupidity. He was a senior that you all should have respected. Yes, he was bragging about his college but trust me, none of what he said was wrong, Shalamar is actually the best private medical college in the province and comes next to AKU nationally.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now, Dr. Hasan Shoaib (friend of my father) who is Head of Medical Education in Shalamar is the guy who is teaching all the government and private medical colleges under UHS about how to implement clinically oriented modular system because as of this moment, the only college who has successfully implemented modular system under UHS is Shalamar and now Shalamar is training everybody and even UHS. My parents go to Shalamar for workshops and they get training from there so you can well imagine what a great and pioneering institute it has become.

Very lucky are those who are getting admission in Shalamar because in the future it will be the most difficult college to get into because it has support of the whole medical community.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. OMG! I have written so much, everyone may mistake me to be MasterH himself. :p

But, trust me people Shalamar is really top notch and it has vast resources and potential to make it big internationally too. I hope I get in there next admission cycle Insha Allah. Pray for me. :)
Dil khush ho gya kasam sy. :D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts