Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assalamu'alaikum everyone.

Applying to a government university as a local student requires 3 compulsory O lvls: Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies, as far as I know.

I did my IGCSEs and O-level Urdu (2nd Language) and Islamiyat in 2012. I didn't know Pak Studies is compulsory. So now I'm doing Pak Studies as well as A Levels, and expect to get my results in 2013, as I'm doing AS and A2 combined in one year.

The problem:
I need to wait for Pak Studies results in 2013 before I can apply for O-lvl/IGCSE equivalence, as well as A-lvl equivalence. Question is, can one apply for both equivalence certificates the same year, and hope to get them in time?

The second, little thing:
Will they accept 2nd Language Urdu O-lvl and allow me to apply as a local student? Or is 1st language Urdu O-lvl compulsory?

Third question (whose answer I expect a 'NO'):
Can I ?somehow? avoid having to do Pak Studies and still apply as a local student?

Fourth question (sorry to be really, really annoying - I'm just too worried):
I'll be doing total 12 O-lvls/IGCSEs and 4 A-lvls - will they select subjects with best grades? (for equivalence)

Thank you very, very much for all your help.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Assalamu'alaikum everyone.

Applying to a government university as a local student requires 3 compulsory O lvls: Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies, as far as I know.

I did my IGCSEs and O-level Urdu (2nd Language) and Islamiyat in 2012. I didn't know Pak Studies is compulsory. So now I'm doing Pak Studies as well as A Levels, and expect to get my results in 2013, as I'm doing AS and A2 combined in one year.

The problem:
I need to wait for Pak Studies results in 2013 before I can apply for O-lvl/IGCSE equivalence, as well as A-lvl equivalence. Question is, can one apply for both equivalence certificates the same year, and hope to get them in time?

I think you should be able to apply for both equivalences at the same time.

The second, little thing:
Will they accept 2nd Language Urdu O-lvl and allow me to apply as a local student? Or is 1st language Urdu O-lvl compulsory?

I think it would be 1st language Urdu.

Third question (whose answer I expect a 'NO'):
Can I ?€‹somehow?€‹ avoid having to do Pak Studies and still apply as a local student?

NO

Fourth question (sorry to be really, really annoying - I'm just too worried):
I'll be doing total 12 O-lvls/IGCSEs and 4 A-lvls - will they select subjects with best grades? (for equivalence)

In O-Level for foreign students they take into account Math and English and three other subjects with higest marks. For local students they use 8 subjects so they might count Pak Studies, Islamiat and Urdu as well.

For A-level equivalence they will use Phy.Chem, Bio for pre-medical and Phy, Chem and Math for Pre-Engineering.

Thank you very, very much for all your help.
Please see my response underlined above.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts