Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have friends that always ask to borrow something of yours and then when you need it a few weeks or months down the road, you realize that they still haven't returned it?? Or even after you ask them tons of times to return it, they still keep "forgetting"?

I personally think its rude on the borrower's part if they've kept something so long that the lender has to ask for it back...but I also hate asking someone over and over again to return something.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: Alicee

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I know two people right off the top of my head. It's one of the most annoying things I can think of. When they need something they'll go out of their way to get it, but when it comes time to return it, they'll say oh I gave it to someone else, or oh yeah, come pick it up.

I oughtta knock their block off.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I know exactly what you guys are talking about. I REALLY hate it when people wonna "borrow" money. The reason I have borrow in quotation marks is because they say they are borrowing it, but never return it. Like when it comes to them needing money, they will ask all nicely, but then never give it back. and when you borrow from them once, they will be on ur case just to get it back...#angry

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've been through this scenario a couple of times myself... It never fails with lending my books out and about a couple of months later, when the semester is done and they should be returning it, that's when all of the sudden the person says, "Oh! I lent it to someone else".
As far as money is concerned, depending on how much they ask, I just let them keep it cause I know I'm not getting it back. If it's a big amount, I say "I DON"T HAVE IT!" #roll

·
Registered
349 Posts
thats life..i think you guys are far too nice, when you let some 1 borrow sumthin u say i want it back by this date or u i'll "knock your block off" :D..no on a serious note..i tend to have that problem in pakistan more than i do in england..like my friends take little stuff like handbags and hijaabs and return them next time i see them..but when i go 2 pak a cousin would ask 2 borrow something and then avoid me untill i return to england!

·
Registered
305 Posts
thats life..i think you guys are far too nice, when you let some 1 borrow sumthin u say i want it back by this date or u i'll "knock your block off" :D..no on a serious note..i tend to have that problem in pakistan more than i do in england..like my friends take little stuff like handbags and hijaabs and return them next time i see them..but when i go 2 pak a cousin would ask 2 borrow something and then avoid me untill i return to england!
Haha... That's actually kinda funny. They avoid you until you leave and you forget all about it.#laugh

·
Registered
173 Posts
ohh thanks God... i dont have such kinda friends.but lenidng the things and never getting them back from your friends can be really annoying at times !

·
Registered
178 Posts
The only major thing I've lent a friend is quite a lot of money once. It was a little alarming because she didnt come to uni for a week after. But the next time I saw her she returned it to the penny, which was nice because I didnt really need it urgently. You have to perticulary careful when it comes to money because sometimes it can get ugly. I know it may sound over the top, but my Dad always told me if you ever borrow money or lend it, make a contract even if its on a little notepaper in scruffy writing. Which I think is pretty good advice really.
I get very fussy if I borrow things aswel. I borrowed a dear friends camera for a recent holiday to Egypt, and I was soooo aware that I had to return it exactly how it was given to me... I guess u really have to treat other peoples posessions how u want urs to be treated. And return things on time peoplez!

·
Registered
75 Posts
wow i feel like i just got yelled at #rofl hi my name is saba and i am the "borrower" - i don't borrow money but i borrow clothes and i completely forget about them until like a year later lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
you guys should see the movie 'the borrowers' it's really good hahahhahaa :)

actually i have my friends abercrombie hoodie sitting in my closet right now and yes I borrowed it and forgot to give it back. It's a slight absent minded mistake..we all do it..i'm aware of it at least.

·
Registered
349 Posts
delete that b4 mysister reads it...n u dont have evidence...which parker?!?!?!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I hate when people ask you to buy them books and then they never have the common courtesy to take the delivery!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
i hate it when the term "borrow" is used on things that will obviously be never returned (can i borrow a piece of paper, etc.). People use the word borrow so much that they've started confusing it with have!

if it was important enough to borrow, you should be able to give it back!#yes

·
Registered
198 Posts
MedGrunt: I agree completely, in my anatomy class, a kid asks to BORROW a sheet of paper everyday. If he truly is borrowing, then it should be my turn to get paper back from him haha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts