Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone apply at Foundation University Medical College? The Entry Test is tomorrow (October 8th). Just wondering if I'll see any of you guys.
Good Luck on the test.:happy:

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I never applied for Fauji Foundation but damn dude, your avatar is probably the coolest on this entire site!

That was definitely their greatest era yet.

Damn Lakers #angry

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those were the days my friend. People had never seen a more electrifying team than those Kings. Its sad how they all got shipped away, but I am glad were still better than the Lakers. Are you fan of the Lakers or Kings?
One word: Ron Artest

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the Entrance Test for FUMC today. 100 MCQs and no negative marking. There were 1472 people (thats what the list went up to). There are a 100 seats, 80 of them are Open-Merit, while the other 20 seats are reserved for Army and school staff members.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Thanks for the update man!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not very good. There were about 10 questions that I knew the exact answer, but for the rest of them.....God knows. Everything is straight from the FSc books, things I learned in the U.S. did not help me at all.

·
Registered
173 Posts
ohh oaky.well i didnt know that private medical colleges are also trying to stick to the course books for the entry test exam.is it the same for other coleges or they try to be more conceptual rather than just sticking to the Fsc books?

·
Registered
27 Posts
CoNfUSEd??!!

AoA n G'day!!!!!

Well, I'm a pakistani passport holder residing in Botswana (neighbour ta SA)...Ws small when we came to Bots so basically tis is my home!!!

I came across sum real weird stuff on tis site abt Pak Med colleges n all...!!!

Alumdillillah, I got in @ FUMC (Foundation university medical college), but i see ppl writing sum real wacky stuff abt hw tings are in Pak(rawalpindi)...Trust me it FREAKSSS me out more, cos i'v never ever lived in rawalpindi...

I would like to know how the whole environment thr is like... & hw FUMC itself is, as an institute!!

I alwaysssss wanit to do medicine n fer tht i refused aeronutical engg. admission 2 tyms in SA. Now tht m in fer med.. i'm overwhelmed buh cnt realy celebrate cos o all tht crap i read n hear abt life in pak.. !!??!!

For those of yall who'd tink why i din go fer ny of SA unis...thn thts cos they got thr own quota system.. & they dun gv u a seat fer med if ur a non-south african.. Whereas, UK for me is prety much xpensive for nw....

Althou, ma MAIN concern is to do Medicine buh i believe ur surroundings do matter A LOT!!!!
FUMC is in defence area which is prety clean & peaceful i supoose..so m glad abt tht.. but wot abt students/tutors thr? #confused

** KINDLY, DON'T PUT STUFF U AINT SURE ABT, COS IT'LL JUS DEPRESS ME MORE..**

Cheers!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
How is foundation university medical college?? Is it better than some of the government colleges like sargodha medical college and punjab medical college?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Can anyone give me info abt fui admission this year?? Wat is dere merit?? Do they conduct their entrance test?? I am 4m lahore do they have punjab seats reserved kr wat is da criteria? Plz guide me

·
Registered
348 Posts
Can anyone give me info abt fui admission this year?? Wat is dere merit?? Do they conduct their entrance test?? I am 4m lahore do they have punjab seats reserved kr wat is da criteria? Plz guide me

im not sure what their merit was last year but i do know that they consider mcat scores and that accounts for 37.5% of your total aggregate. 40% is fsc marks and 10% matric. The rest 12-15% is calculated throught the aptitude test that they conduct. You can apply on open merit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They consider your uhs scores. They don't conduct a test or anything. plus they have reserved seats for army people.

·
Registered
89 Posts
And how does it compare to cmh..shalamar etc? How would you rank it among them?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts