Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hope everyone is doing well.
Does anyone know when will HEC and ptap upload their merit list for foreign candidates. I did ring them up but no one is answering. just don't want to be left behind and also is there anyone from kpk as i also had to apply to kmu via there portal, slightly confused as to who will be finalizing merit list.
Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
hopefully before February PTAP merit list will be uploaded
What do you mean HEC merit list?
did you apply as Self finance seat and also do you have any other plans if you dont get into KMU via PTAP do you have any other universities listed as priority or will you choose another pathway to apply?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rang ptap and they said the closely merit is around 85. something so i cant get in via ptap as my aggregate is 82 but i have also applied via HEC under foreign self finance. Its not guaranteed that i will get in but looking at previous results i have a good chance. I don't really bother whichever uni i get in but the better the best.Taking about plan B. I might go aboard or take a gap year.
what's your aggregate and plans for the future if you don't mind sharing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
hope for the best
inshallah you'll get in
did you check KMU website for SFS seats I think they uploaded it
my aggregate is 86.1 and I'm looking to get into Nishter medical college

·
Registered
31 Posts
List is out guys on the ead website.
Regarding hec idk when their list will come. They should send an email to you or selection notification on the website.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for some reason i couldn't find HEC merit list. could you please send me the link if you don't mind doing so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all,

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if you are from USA and applying to medical schools in pakistan this year. If so, I just wanted to let you know that after 2024, you will not be allowed to apply for residency programs in the USA with pakistani medical schools degree. I am not making any of this up this is according to the ECFMG 2024 (previously 2023) announcement which I have referenced below. They require the country to have all of its medical schools accredited and pakistan is not on the list nor have they applied for accreditation . It takes 6 years to become accredited so I dont want you guys to be stuck in a limbo half way ( or completely done) through your mbbs degree. I have referenced below the links as to what i am talking about.

ECFMG 2023 policy - World Federation for Medical Education
ECFMG 2023 policy states that starting 2023, physicians applying for USMLE will have to graduate from medical school that has been appropriately accredited.
wfme.org
wfme.org
ECFMG 2023 Accreditation Requirement – Moved to 2024 - The World Federation for Medical Education

you can also find this on the ECFMG website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts