Medical Students Forums banner

FMDC Test Discussion Thread

13K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  mathsmaster 
#1 ·
AoA everyone. Hope you all did good at FMDC test? Best wishes for all. :thumbsup:
Now, similar to the last NTS test, this thread is meant to discuss the test and to know the correct answers of those questions about which you are not exactly sure.
Btw, I don't know why does NTS like glenoid cavity so much. :D :D
Alright, I'm gonna mention my first question:-
The one about avogadros number? is it the conversion factor between grams and atomic mass or the universal constant or bla bla bla? what was the right answer?

#7 ·
I got 75 in this test But no chances at all :( . I have 85% in metric , 84% in F.Sc and 75 in this test. So my overall percentage is 79.5%. Last year merit against 40 seats of Punjab was 81.12 % (81.05% for 46 seats but this year they have reduced punjab seats to 40). I have an analysis that normally 0.5% merit increases from previous year. So prediction is that this years FMDC merit for punjab will touch upon somewhere 81.65%. I am 2% behind the target :((

#10 ·
@zokki2000, ammm, its Wajeeh actually. lolx. :D
mine is 77% aggregate, and I had 888 marks in UHS. I know, not enough in both. :(
Now I'm waiting for Shaikh Zayed's result and as a last option, I have got selected for BS virology n immunology in NUST alhumdulillah. So I'm gonna go there and will try again for MBBS next year with even better preparation. These are my plans, what about you?
btw, on a side note, don't worry everyone, we will get whatever is best for us inshaAllah. so don't lose hope and keep working hard. best of luck. :thumbsup:

#14 ·
I asked the seniors actually, they said it closed on 81% for punjab. so i don't think there is any chance. :(
For you, there mite be a chance as you are really close and most of the students I got to ask from, they are not quite satisfied with their scores, so most likely merit will fall a little. if it does, you will be in inshaAllah. :thumbsup:
Whats ur UHS score? applied anywhere else?

#15 ·
Man I am stuck on 79%. UHS=79.23%. I applied for Sheikh Zayed and FMDC only. As far as i googled the previous results, Merit never goes down rather it increases at the rate of 0.50% +. PPL actually prefer FMDC rather than going to Sahiwal or DGKhan. If you look at the last year's result, the top ranked students got 87 in NTS. But any ways : Hope for the best :)

#18 ·
No prob. :)
yes, same problem here. I don't know why the private colleges have to be that expensive. :(
Thats why I'm thinking to go for NUST and try again next year. :thumbsup:
I guess, but the same condition applies, if the merit declines a wee bit this year. and still I could only make it for bds which nevertheless, I'm happy with. :D

#23 ·
no didn't make it up to the first merit list. but last year the BS merit closed on 600, so you should keep your hopes high. prayers with you, inshaAllah you will make it.
And to keep an eye on whether or not you are making it, when the second list is displayed, you can call the university and ask the last merit position of the 2nd list and whether or not you stand a chance, they'll give you a good enough idea. Hope this helps. And hope for the best, good luck. :thumbsup:

#25 ·
There are 100 seats for BS Virology and Immunology. As for field, its a really nice one. At least for me, its really interesting, the studies as well as the work. Job opportunities, quite enough. All research work or you can become a professor if you are into teaching or can do both simultaneously. The best thing to do is to get a masters n PHD from abroad (i.e if you want to get established somewhere abroad) which will mostly likely be pretty easy if you maintain your GPA. And last but not the least, you will be studying from "THE NUST", so you know your demand rite? :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.