Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the fees of government medical colleges so less compared to medical colleges? Are the rest of the fees in government medical colleges covered by the government?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey, It depends upon which country you want to study if we talk about Canada. Canada is one of the most popular international student destinations in the world, offering diverse experiences and opportunities in a country known for its vast expanses, multicultural cities, and natural beauty.
The good news if you want to study in Canada is that tuition fees are generally less expensive than in other major destinations in Anglophone. All other fee structure is different or depending upon which program you joined.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How are the fees of government medical colleges so less compared to medical colleges? Are the rest of the fees in government medical colleges covered by the government?
heyy, i go to a gov med school in lahore currently, not including the hostel fees, i paid approximately Rs.18000 ($117) for the entire year, that too is often forgiven if the student cannot afford it - hostel fees are Rs 40000 ($261) including breakfast lunch and dinner from the mess, again most students that cannot afford this don’t pay this either, - as for books and other requirements, a department here will give you the books if you can’t afford them and you can borrow them for two years from the library for Rs.20, i’ve seen people that haven’t paid anything except their bus ticket from their hometown to the hostel for five years. essentially if you get into government the government is paying for your education, in private colleges you’re not financially backed by the government. a lot of gov med schools and hospitals are given tonnes of funds by the governments to continue relatively free education and healthcare.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts