Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is on Face book?
just wanted to know is it good or what?
i joined it today, i left orkut recently as it is really just spasm, what about all your face book experinces?

·
Registered
153 Posts
its better if you know how to monitor your privacy settings but it can be a pain in the ass once you become addicted to it or you discover the tricks of how to view other's profiles without being their friends or to some of their applications such as Texas Poker ...
Overall -its a good site...but dont get addicted to it

·
Registered
292 Posts
i am on facebook but really dont know why i made my account there.......it has been 2 years since i had made my account in facebook.............but i have found my 2 friends in facebook so i love it ..............but still a useless website...it is made for the people who have nothing to do after forwarding mails.....#dull.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
heyy its not that bad :D facebook is nice.. i like it.. i have over 250 friends.. everyone from my school in saudi arabia and the city are on it... its amazing.. helps keeping in touch a lot easier..

·
Registered
153 Posts
i just dont understand why people keep on hanging on facebook.........
same for i cant understand how you keep hanging on this forum #roll

·
Registered
292 Posts
listen dr girish this is a medical forum not a useless website like facebook......tell me one useful thing other than meeting old friends in facebook......

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
for medical material i dont think there is a better site other than medstudentz
GEO Medstudentz

·
Registered
153 Posts
WRONG!

SMSO

well lets keep this thread clean and stick to the topic :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
uh-oh.. is that a fight going on? lol..

amir! come on now.. dont be so anti-facebook :( u will get used to it.. see now you have me in your friends too :D oh and trust me.. i can tell you some good things about it...

* most important thing is that you can find your old classmates and get in touch with them. I met some of my classmates from FOURTH grade... and its incredible to share experiences... to write on each others walls... and look thru pictures... I also found some teachers...

* some of the applications are cool.. like you have games.. quizzes...graffiti wall... and then there is friends for sale :D

* its better than opening your email and typing this loonnng email to friends.. instead if you are like telling a group of friends what you are up to and how you are doing.. you just type one message and send it to the group..

* then there are the actual "Groups" on facebook.. like i have my grad class of '08 group.. and everyone from my class is on it.. so we can write on a common wall that everyone can see and easily arrange reunions.. :D

* oh and i love the mini-feed.. it tells you who wrote on whose wall.. and who added new pics... who changed their status.. everything :)

soooo yeah these are some of the major pros of facebook-ing.. :D its basically one webpage with everything from keeping in touch to entertainment...

now some of the few drawbacks are...

* it can be addicting :D lol...

* oh and dont add people you dont know they can be stupid :)

* anyoen can message you.. but ofcourse you dont have to reply to them ever :) unless you want to..

* oh and also... dont give your password to anyone.. i mean ANYONE bcuz they can do a lot of wrong on your account as YOU

so THERE! you have it.. the Pros and the Cons.. now you can add to these lists... and its up to you.. if you dont want an account - dont make it... and if you do.. more than welcome..

but just for the information... facebook is the leading social networking based on members! According to wikipedia, "Facebook attracted 132.1 million unique visitors in June 2008, compared to MySpace, which attracted 117.6 million"

so... there you go! :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
sara it depends on yourself.....you guys like facebook ...but i dont......so the conclusion is that you both win hands down.......i dont want to argue more on this topic....its just i dont like facebook and you guys do.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts