Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically, my situation is a bit messed up. I studied up until grade 10 from Canada then moved to Pakistan (mid-year) which resulted in me wasting a year. Currently I'm studying A levels (i'm in A2) and hoping to apply to medical colleges this summer.

My problem is that I haven't studied Pak studies, Islamiat and Urdu and wasn't aware that is was compulsory until this year. It's not possible to give the exams this year and I don't want to take a gap year seeing as I've wasted a year already (i'm 18). I know I'm not eligible to apply on PTAP seat for Mbbs and going as a foriegn student is quite costly. Is there no way around this situation? Are Pak studies, Islamiat and Urdu absolutely compulsory? I've already got my grade 10 equivalence certificate.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Thanks for joining Med Studentz, fari! :D I hope you have a great time on this site. :)

Oh, and if you want to set a picture for yourself, just click on the Settings link and then choose a picture for yourself! :p

·
Registered
196 Posts
Fari, If you complete either one of your A'levels or IGCSE or High school from pakistan, you'll need to have "urdu" "Isl" "Pak studies" for the equivalence from IBCC. I did both my IGCSE and Alevels from abroad, so they didn't count the 3 pakistan related subjects. Here i'll give you a reference from IBCC equivalence rules. People who have completed even one out of Olevels or A Levels from Pakistan is bound to give Urdu, Isl and Pak studies for equivalence certificate from IBCC. Those 3 subjects are only exempted if you complete both of your highschool degrees from abroad. That's how it was till last year, but however, still as a confirmation measure, you should email the IBCC.

·
Registered
196 Posts
IBCC is really messed up and annoying lol ....they are like a bunch of cattles roaming around in a farm,...Moo-Mooo
LMFAO, give this guy a cookie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts