Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just got admitted into dmc. I want to ask that do alevel and intermediate students talk to each other? Are there any groups or something like that? Are all the students treated equally? And hows the environment out there? Please help me out

·
Registered
125 Posts
Congratulations on your admission.

It honestly depends on your personality. A-level and Intermediate students have vastly different personalities so the friends you make are usually in that arrangement. There are groups, again, with the same arrangement. You would typically see Alevel students sticking together and Intermediate students sticking together, with a few exceptions here and there. That said, there are hundreds of people in your year so you shouldn't have a problem making friends who you can fit in with, does it really matter what education someone got?

The opportunities you will receive will be the same, regardless of your educational background. Studies-wise, Intermediate students have the edge, because the way they are used to studying is different and better geared to scoring higher grade in medicine here ( Note: here ), again with exceptions.

Are you from inter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After my completing my olevel, i opted for intermediate. I had a really hard time adjusting in the new environment and yet failed at it. Spent my two years friendless at home lmao. I totally get what you say and i really appreciate your reply thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
doesn't really matter imo , as long as the guy is cool and i can trust him , even if he is a bit shy , i would befriend him , they all open up eventually , just like i did , i had very little friends in 9th grade because i studied Oxford books up until 9th instead of regular PTB [only 7 weeks before the 9th annual board exams] , and i had to abruptly change from pre O-levels to Matric , i was pretty shy at first , but some of my classmates were really accomodating and they went out of their way to invite me into their group , even though they didnt have to and they are the reason iw as able to make so many new friends and now in med school , i pay attention to the shy ones because they just need someone to welcome them into their groups , just like i was ahy at first , so as far as i think , you shouldn't have much problem and even if you do , you can pair up with some of other shy and introvert-type kids and form your own group
Congrats on the admission and have fun ! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.