Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I did my A levels in Bio, Chem and Maths.
I was facing a problem for the past month that the IBCC Board was not making my equivalency certificate for Pre-Med.
However, according to the PMDC (Pakistan Medical and dental council) it is stated in their laws that for a Pre-Med equivalency a student should have Bio and Chem as their primary subj. and the third could be either Phy or Maths.
I have tried my best but the IBCC doesn't consider my request at all.

Anyways
Thank fully DIMC have agreed to give me admission on my SAT 2 scores.
I had a few questions regarding DIMC and medicine in general.
1- I have heard from a Dr. in a Uni that I went to and he said that I need equivalency other wise I wont be considered "Registered" in Pak as a doctor and wont be able to practice,if this is true, Then on what grounds is DIMC giving me admission?
2- Is DIMC really worth it? I mean $18k is a huge amount for me.
3- Does DIMC really support us with better teaching techniques as compared to other Unis? and I want to know more about the lecture halls and other practicing Labs
4- What extra curricular activities does DIMC offer and do they have a Cricket Team and how much time is invested in Sports?
5- Is MBBS in DIMC 4 years and then a year of house job so 4+1= 5 years?
6- What is a house job and do I have to pay for it (as in do I have to pay the 5th year of uni fees) ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't know too much about DIMC but without Physics, IBCC will not give you eq as a PreMed. They will give you eq for FSc but for Humanities or something similar and not premed. While this could be a problem for some colleges, I have checked with NUST and CMH and they accept FSc eq for foreign students with Humanities as long as they have studied Bio, Chem and Physics/Maths and have the SAT 2 exams in this combination also as it full fills PM&DC requirements. I have not checked with any other college including DIMC but just those 2 and that in writing/email.

Also to the best of my knowledge all MBBS programs are 5 years in Pakistan and then another year of house job. If you are going to go for USMLE or something similar I don't think house job is required

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you tell me if Dow International takes any aptitude test, cause they have mentioned it in their brochure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts