Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done my O'levels aswell as my AS-level.I'm continuing with my A2 right now and I'm very much confused If i should do MY SAT-2 and compete for a foreign seat the next year or not. Will I be able to do good on the local seat by competing in the MCAT exams ? ...Do a'level students have a good chance on the local seat or will it be much better to compete using my SAT-2 results ? ... Also now that it is october I'm already late for starting my SAT-2 preperations and I'm continuing with my A2 aswell so it's getting difficult to prepare SAT while the other way I've to do my college work of A2 .. As my time for A2 would be compromised inorder to prepare for subject SAT.:( :cry: :cry: :?

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Thanks for joining Med Studentz, mehreen mazhar! :D I hope you have a great time on this site. :)

Oh, and if you want to set a picture for yourself, just click on the Settings link and then choose a picture for yourself! :p

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Hi mehreen mazhar, I'm glad you joined! :)

Hope you really like our community and are able to learn a lot and help others also! :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
The MCAT is generally really really tough for O and A level students because its all FSC based. You should definately take the Sat 2 exams. The entrance test of Agha Khan is much Sat 2 based, well atleast the paper patterns are same. Also Cmh accepts Sat 2 scores for Foreign AS WELL AS LOCAL CANDIDATES. If you wanna apply on a foreign seat you will have a much better chance as compared to applying on a local seat as for a local seat you have to apply on the Basis of MCAT, which is much tougher than Sat 2. Nust Amc also accepts Sat 2 scores for Local candidates but getting accepted there on the basis of Sat 2 is much tougher because of limited seats. Sorry for mentioning Uni's outside of Lahore, i just thought you should know.
Generally I FEEL it is much easier for foreigners to get admissions as compared to Locals :/.
If you can't get good scores in Sat 2 this time around, then try again, since having Sat 2 as an option will much benefit you.

- - - Updated - - -

MCAT is really tough. If you wanna apply as a local Candidate too, i would suggest you start preparing for Mcat in March or February next year, you can atleast start preparing Mcat English and leave the FSC Sciences for now. 3 months is ample time to prepare the FSC sciences for MCAT, but do get started with Mcat English, it will benefit you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. :)
I personally feel the same regarding the SAT-2 option,Many people have suggested me not to go for MCAT or even If I do,I should just take it as a second option.
The only problem i feel is that i don't have much time to prepare for SAT-2 earliest option for me to appear might be in December and the next one is January (I'd try preparing Bio and Chem. In Oct. and Nov.and maybe go for physics in Jan,I obviously cannot prepare all three subject SAT together in 2-months because I've got College work as well) but all this time I'd have to compromise a lot with my A2 studies {maybe up till January} and that's the reason I'm not able to decide.I believe indirectly my A2 results might be affected Because I'd be Mostly giving time to SAT-2 prep. ALL THIS TIME. :(
It's more like I'm completely stuck in between of nowhere :? :cry: !

- - - Updated - - -

Aneyk :)
I believe you don't need a foreign passport in order to apply on a foreign seat,For the foreign seat you just need to get your IBCC equivalency result (For o'level and a'level) and Your SAT-2 result .. That's all,most uni's wont even ask you for giving their college aptitude tests and MCAT results after this.
i dont know much about self-finance.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks. :)
I personally feel the same regarding the SAT-2 option,Many people have suggested me not to go for MCAT or even If I do,I should just take it as a second option.
The only problem i feel is that i don't have much time to prepare for SAT-2 earliest option for me to appear might be in December and the next one is January (I'd try preparing Bio and Chem. In Oct. and Nov.and maybe go for physics in Jan,I obviously cannot prepare all three subject SAT together in 2-months because I've got College work as well) but all this time I'd have to compromise a lot with my A2 studies {maybe up till January} and that's the reason I'm not able to decide.I believe indirectly my A2 results might be affected Because I'd be Mostly giving time to SAT-2 prep. ALL THIS TIME. :(
It's more like I'm completely stuck in between of nowhere :? :cry: !

- - - Updated - - -

Aneyk :)
I believe you don't need a foreign passport in order to apply on a foreign seat,For the foreign seat you just need to get your IBCC equivalency result (For o'level and a'level) and Your SAT-2 result .. That's all,most uni's wont even ask you for giving their college aptitude tests and MCAT results after this.
i dont know much about self-finance.
This struggle you'll have to go through sorry :p. But i really feel Sat 2 is easier than A levels. So a Couple of Hours everyday for Sat 2 will be more than enough if you're gonna give the Sat 2 tests in January. The rest of the time you can spend on A levels Prep. :)
Listen i didn't give Sat 2 during my time in A2 and now i'm kicking myself because the Agha Khan test was similar to Sat 2, also Sat 2 could've opened alot more options for me. I could've applied to Nust Amc on Sat 2 basis also CMH accept Sat 2 scores as well :3.
Anyway as a former A level student i highly suggest you start solving past papers regularly! Past Papers are VERY VERY IMPORTANT! They are the most important reason i got A's in my A levels. Take out time regularly for past papers even if its 60-90 mins.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou so much,I feel a bit motivated for the SAT-2's now,I'd be looking forward to it :)
Ohh yes,I'm highly aiming for MBBS at CMH.I prefer CMH more than any other medical uni. at lahore.
Sure,Though I ain't got much of them to solve because I'm doing Intl. Advanced levels from the Edexcel Board (not cambridge) so I've got pastpapers hardly 6-years back thats all :D
Thanks Again :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Thankyou so much,I feel a bit motivated for the SAT-2's now,I'd be looking forward to it :)
Ohh yes,I'm highly aiming for MBBS at CMH.I prefer CMH more than any other medical uni. at lahore.
Sure,Though I ain't got much of them to solve because I'm doing Intl. Advanced levels from the Edexcel Board (not cambridge) so I've got pastpapers hardly 6-years back thats all :D
Thanks Again :)
Being a local and applying as a foreigner, not cool at all :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not a local .. I'm staying in Qatar and have been raised here ever since.But now that it comes to higher education it's much expensive out here therefore looking for admissions on a foreign seat back in pakistan,Rather than a local one.On the other hand I didn't mention not applying on Local seat FYI.I'm applying there as well but being an A'level student competing with students who've done the same stream as mine is a much fair competition than going to compete with the local fsc ones.
So,Being a local yourself and considering others the same without knowing the whole story isn't cool as well.You better think before you comment on others.:)

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'm not a local .. I'm staying in Qatar and have been raised here ever since.But now that it comes to higher education it's much expensive out here therefore looking for admissions on a foreign seat back in pakistan,Rather than a local one.On the other hand I didn't mention not applying on Local seat FYI.I'm applying there as well but being an A'level student competing with students who've done the same stream as mine is a much fair competition than going to compete with the local fsc ones.
So,Being a local yourself and considering others the same without knowing the whole story isn't cool as well.You better think before you comment on others.:)
A Levels students do compete on local seats too, anyways my bad, sorry :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts