Medical Students Forums banner

Does Aga Khan require complete A-Level or are AS-Level grades good enough?

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Rida6676 
#1 ·
I know that to apply to Aga Khan I need the following:

Sat-I
Sat-II
O-Level
The equivalence certificate

I wanted to know whether they needed AS-Level & A2 or are AS grades enough?

Help me out please :D

#2 ·
You don't need SAT I btw, you just need SAT II's and take the Entry test. I don't know what the AS-Level or those others are.
If anyone else knows, please contribute.

#4 ·
So only AS grades wont do?

Hypothetically say, I got 3 A*s in my A-Level report...But equivalence comes up to be 750 something...Am in a better position of getting admission than someone who got 3As but his/her equivalence comes upto be better than mine? How much at a disadvantage am I for having good A-Levels but avergae O-Levels?

I also have done my SAT-II. I scored 2250.

How much better does that make my application?

Will having a lower equivalence score hinder my chances?

#5 ·
Hi AhmedSarim93:

My first question to you is this: Are you applying to Aga Khan this year or have you already applied, i.e. given the test and been shortlisted for the interview?

If your answer is that you are going to give the test in the upcoming year, then

1) when applying for the first time you will need to fill out an application available on their website. You can also get the applications from the AKU in person from their office or Soneri Bank Branches. However, I don't think that applications will be available yet. They most probably will start distributing applications in December.

2) You only need your O-level grades to apply.

how can you get 2250 in SAT II? i think you are talking about SAT 1. I dont think AKU requires/accepts SAT 1?

I don't think having a low equivalence score has to do anything with being accepted into AKU. If you are getting 3 A stars insha Allah you should end up with a good equivalence score.

Sincerely,
iqrarocks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.