Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here watches House, MD, the TV show about Dr. House the head of diagnostic medicine who has an amazing ability to diagnose the weirdest and rarest of diseases and provide a cure all in 45 minutes of humor filled TV entertainment? :p

I personally think the show is awesome and Dr. House's sarcastic, witty humor is what has gotten me hooked.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I do sometimes...

Yeah, I see it on occasions... I dont follow it though. I have such a hectic schedule that I only watch t.v. on weekends or whatever down time I get. But from what I see its a good show to watch... I also like E.R. and and CSI.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never seen CSI but I do like ER. The only thing that I don't like on ER is that it seems to be wayyy too much drama and not enough real portrayal of a doctor's life.

Not that House, MD gets any more points in the realism department but ER seems to become overly dramatic and it seems after a while they just come up with new episodes that just have the same re-hashed storylines from some previous season...but hey, thats just my opinion :p

·
Registered
305 Posts
OH! How about Gray's Anatomy? Have you seen that one? I dont really like it all that much, but it doesnt hurt to watch it from time to time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love House M.D. It is one of the best shows on tv at the moment, and guess what? Infectious disease is a fav. of mine, so watching house is a double treat.

Anyways, I alos liek Grey's anatomy, although sometimes it falls flat but most of the time it is fun and interesting to watch. Man, I'm addicted with House!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not a fan of Dr. House. Somehow I've earned the nickname around the hospital and still can't figure out why. Grey's Anatomy is great although the last few shows kinda suck. They need to get off this entire Meredith-does-Seattle thing. Lost was great in the last episode but I'm getting tired of the entire thing of giving us one new fact and spending the rest of the episode meaninglessly learning about the characters lives. CSI Miami is cool. I have to admit that I'm a bit shallow. I only really watch it for the breathtaking HD shots of the city. Plus, it's kinda fun to see my old apartment building in Miami Beach in the episodes. :lol:

You know what show rules? Entourage. Plain and simple--it's the best show on TV.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hrana said:
I'm not a fan of Dr. House. Somehow I've earned the nickname around the hospital and still can't figure out why. Grey's Anatomy is great although the last few shows kinda suck. They need to get off this entire Meredith-does-Seattle thing. Lost was great in the last episode but I'm getting tired of the entire thing of giving us one new fact and spending the rest of the episode meaninglessly learning about the characters lives. CSI Miami is cool. I have to admit that I'm a bit shallow. I only really watch it for the breathtaking HD shots of the city. Plus, it's kinda fun to see my old apartment building in Miami Beach in the episodes. :lol:

You know what show rules? Entourage. Plain and simple--it's the best show on TV.
:shock:

How can u not like House? I personally wish my doctors were like that (Both skillwise and personality wise) :roll:

·
Registered
7 Posts
pedramrad said:
hrana said:

:shock:

How can u not like House? I personally wish my doctors were like that (Both skillwise and personality wise) :roll:
LOL... thanks. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I hate that show. haha

Actually "Las Vegas" is great and I never miss The Colbert Report, The Daily Show and I grap the monologues from Leno and Conan for mp3 listening.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
i actually pretty much love House. it's a good show that focuses on the medicine with just a little bit of drama...i'm working on getting through the first season right now actually. gotta love pakistan and all its dvds. :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, I agree--I love House, MD too even though I don't understand 95% of it. My friend who's a 1st year med student says he maybe understands 20% of it so I guess I'm not an idiot since I'm only in undergrad. :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
House, MD rocks. I'm interested to see though how many season they can keep it up---seems like they have to add more drama/emotional side to the plots to make it more appealing to the majority of people who are watching TV at primetime and have no idea what 99% of the jargon they use means.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
House MD rocks! I can't get enough of that show! Once you know what they're talking about it's a million times more interesting. But I think you're right, it's getting harder for the doctors behind the scenes to disguise all these diseases, and they're throwing in more soap-opera BS to keep the masses coming. Ah well.

The Wayans Bros. Now there's good television :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is all very good.

I love ER, Strong Medicine, and TLC night time real life ER situations.

I understand drama filled shows can get aggrevating, and half the time the medical terms they use they do not probably understand. But what I enjoy about the drama sometimes is the fact that it shows what the patients go through and what the physicians sometimes feel and go through also on the personal life side aside from all medicine 24.7.

One thing that does bother me about ER is the fact that they always have these new celebrities co-starring all the time and there is never stability within the show...but other than that it fits my schedule #laugh

·
Registered
4 Posts
My friend showed me the first episode of House MD, and from that day forth you wouldn't have been able to pry me away from my laptop (he actually burned the DVDs for me too) if you had the jaws of life. That show is the shizznit and the pithy little snippets Dr. House comes up with are just gold. Yeah...I know, I'm obsessed.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts