Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm a girl from Chicago, Illinois, USA. I will be attending DIMC (Dow international Medical College) starting this December 2013 for my first year of medical school!

I'm currently looking for a roommate to dorm with, so if anyone is interested, please reply to this thread or message me so we can get to know each other :)

I also have a couple questions about dorming:
1) Should i bring anything special for my dorm room? (mini AC, heater, microwave, fridge, etc.) or is everything provided?
2) is there a bathroom with a shower attached to each dorm room?
3) do the dorms have free wifi?
4) what size are the beds so i know which bedding covers to buy?
5) do the dorms have closets?
6) how big are the dorm rooms? (if you don't know the exact measurement, in your opinion, would you describe them as spacey, medium, or small?)
7) are there any problems with the girl's dorms?
8) I have already stated in my application that i will need dorming, but what steps come after that for dorm housing?
9) when is the deadline for choosing a roommate?
10) how and when will i know when to start setting up my dorm room?
11) if my roommate that i have chosen decides to come later in the semester, will i be dorming alone until she comes, or will DIMC choose someone else to dorm with me?

thank you for reading this, and if you know the answer to any of these questions, please reply, i will appreciate it very much :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
1) i have heard that they already have ACs in the dorms. Yea u need a microwave and a fridge. U might need a heater but i dont know if itgets too cold in karachi.
2) yes each dorm room has a bathroom with shower.
3) no u need to get your own wifi installed.
4) the beds are single bed.
5)yes the dorms have closets but theyre small so u might have to get another closet for yourself.
6) the rooms are medium.
7) no idea
8) no u just need to pay the fees.
9) theres no deadline u can just choose when you reach there or if you meet someone here online you can choose to share a room with her too.
10)when you reach there u just start setting up your room ?
11) no idea about that.

- - - Updated - - -

I am redha, i will be coming from Qatar this year:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey i cant send u any private message right noow over here. so can you send me your fb link in inbox and i will add you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's not letting me message you either...it says i have to have more posts in order to private message

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whatever, i'll just post it here
since this website isn't allowing me to type in website links, just type in "/Kashriz" after typing in facebook's website

anyone who is reading this that's planning on going to DIMC, feel free to add me as well:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts