Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I will be going to DIMC this fall. Class of 2017

Hopefully this thread will help prospective students. If there are any questions they can be answered on this thread.

I was wondering where the other students are coming from? (i.e. Texas, Cali, NYC)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I applied a month ago and i was accepted. i was a bit early. But your not early. you should send in your app soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
then you should wait until your scores come out. i scored high 600's on all three of the tests. and yeah i can guide you, what questions do you have?

·
Registered
70 Posts
then you should wait until your scores come out. i scored high 600's on all three of the tests. and yeah i can guide you, what questions do you have?
Congrats seltiksfan, on getting accepted at DIMC.

Could you please reveal what was your High school percentage/GPA .What do you think does DIMC give preference to High school grades or SAT 2 scores?

In addition do you have any knowledge about standard of medical education there .Moreover what are the chances of getting residency back home in US/Canada after graduation.I believe that DIMC s first batch would have been graduated till now.

I am also pretty concerned about Security situation in Karachi as I have never visited Karachi and dont have any relative here.Is DIMC located at a safe place especially the boys hostels?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thnx

·
Registered
41 Posts

Could you please reveal what was your High school percentage/GPA .What do you think does DIMC give preference to High school grades or SAT 2 scores?

In addition do you have any knowledge about standard of medical education there .Moreover what are the chances of getting residency back home in US/Canada after graduation.I believe that DIMC s first batch would have been graduated till now.

I am also pretty concerned about Security situation in Karachi as I have never visited Karachi and dont have any relative here.Is DIMC located at a safe place especially the boys hostels?

Thnx

^ ditto that.. my parents are reallyyy concerned about the security in karachi.. that is the main reason why they wont send me there. plus i dont have any relatives there either :| i did get accepted though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
^ ditto that.. my parents are reallyyy concerned about the security in karachi.. that is the main reason why they wont send me there. plus i dont have any relatives there either :| i did get accepted though.
Congrats to you as well MissSI for getting accepted.If possible plz disclose your High school averages and SAT scores.This could be beneficial for many other students applying to DIMC.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hd the same concern before applying to Pakistan and even after getting accepted but I did a lot research on getting residency back in the u.s.
It Is true residency is a harder to get being a graduate from Pakistan but it depends a lot on your USMLE score. If you have a high USMLE score you really have a good chance of a getting a residency. If you any of you guys are set on becoming a surgeon than i'd advise you to stay in us (or wherever you are from). But coming from Pakistan there are tons of fields one can get into I.e. nephrology, gastroenterology, neurology, pediatrics....
And the fact that we are citizens of the us/canada it will be easier to get residency. Also the fact that a lot of foreign medical graduates lack communication skills which we won't....

if a person does undergrad here and gets rejected from medical school then he ends up with just a bachelors degree. The chances of getting into medical school in the us/Canada are far lower then the chance to getting a residency.
when a person graduates from Pakistan the degree Is a masters degree.

And dimc puts, more emphasis on SAT scores.

Those are just my two cents about going to Pakistan vs going to medical school in US. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's one con of going to Pakistan, the constant turmoil.
But I visited dimc last year and the security situation at DIMC is really good.
I saw the new boys hostel as well. They are extremely nice. The campus in general is really nice.

If you've never between to Pakistan it is going to be some what difficult adjusting to the environment but the fact that all the students are international will help you integrate into paki society lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's one con of going to Pakistan, the constant turmoil.
But I visited dimc last year and the security situation at DIMC is really good.
I saw the new boys hostel as well. They are extremely nice. The campus in general is really nice.

If you've never between to Pakistan it is going to be some what difficult adjusting to the environment but the fact that all the students are international will help you integrate into paki society lol
Thanks a lot for your useful input.

All the best!

·
Registered
34 Posts
hello everyone ! even i will be applying for the semester starting in this years fall , im currently in Abu Dhabi so it wouldnt be a big problem to adjust in Pakistan as Abu Dhabi is a pakistan itself !lol well , igot 750 , 700 and 700 in SAT chem phy and bio respectively ! but i dunno how to send these scores , the collegeboard site wants an institution code but i couldnt find it on DIMC website .....?! and also will there be an interview or something like that ?! would like to know all of you so we can get invovled b4 joining the uni ....itll be fun ...:)

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Please make sure to review our forum rules before posting to prevent the deletion of your posts. (There is a link in my signature.)

Regarding your questions:

1. The College Board only sends SAT scores to US schools and a few recognized foreign schools. You will need to get a sealed official copy of your scores from the College Board and send them to DIMC yourself.

2. Most medical schools do have interviews so I'm guessing that DIMC will as well, if you make it to that stage in the admission process.

Good luck, and welcome again.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Thnx
hey muazz ! well , tbh i have the same concern as you ! even im worried because of the security situation in karachi ..! its good to see so many poeple like me :p if we get admission (hopefully) we wont have a lot of problems in adjusting to the new envirionment cuz most of the students would be foriegn ! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
You have to order the official score reports and there are no interviews
no interviews ?! WOW ! did you get accepted ?! if yes, would this be the first time youll be going to Pakistan ? are you gonna be living in the hostel ? im kinda freaked out by the security situation in Karachi , i hope the hostel is super safe!

1 - 20 of 138 Posts