Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys my name is Osman Murad and I'll be applying to DIMC - Karachi. I thought it would be nice to start this thread to get other to know other people who may be applying in the same year and also share a bit of information about the university and the application process.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you guys think maybe we should start a group on Facebook or something for everyone who is applying? like the students in the previous thread for other years have done

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, wish to enroll in Dow International Medical College in December of 2017 and I just have a couple of questions that I need clarification on:

1)What is a good grade 12 average for entrance in the University (around what was the averages of the students accepted last year?) Average based on U.S or Canadian schools.

2) What is a good SAT subject score to apply to the University with.

3) Is it VERY competitive (are the seats filled very fast?)

4) When will the applications be open for 2017

5) What documentations are needed to be sent to DIMC? Are they to be sent through e-mail?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi ayesha!
1)i literally dont know the answer......According to the pmdc rules we should have atleast 60% average on our ibcc equivalence but the university accepts people with a lower average than 60% if you have a good SAT 2 score.As far as i know not everyone enrolled there had a good grade 12 average..
2)You must have 550 outta 800 in each subject to get accepted (yes,people with a minimum score also get accepted) but to be on a safe side its better to have a score above 2000 as anything above 2000 is considered a good score.
3)no its not competitive at all...there are 100 seats for mbbs and 50 bds ....the admissions stay open till september
4)last year the admission opened in mid of march idk why there are late this time....i emailed them and they said it will open by end of march or start of april....
5)idr it will be mentioned on the brochure so dont worry trust me the admission process isnt tedious at all.

And i found other ppl too who want to apply to dimc this year and we started a group on whatsapp and fb so if u want to join message me ur details ill add u 

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, for sharing however much you know, honestly the fee structure is scarier than the acceptance procedure and according to a user of this site, the University may or may not be raising their tuition fees a couple of thousand dollars... which in the nicest way possibly said: IS RIDICULOUS!!! Anyways, lets see how everything works out, best of luck to all of you guys, you have been a great help.
p.s: I have none of those social media accounts so I unfortunately will not be able to join the group.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, I am also interested in applying to DIMC for this upcoming batch through the SAT II basis. I was wondering if anyone knows which SAT II Math (Math 1 or Math 2) would be better to take and if it really does matter which one we do end up taking? I initially wanted to take Physics, but I don't feel as prepared.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Hira. DIMC say that they want biology chemistry and any other subject of the students choice so it doesn't even have to be maths is could something totally different like Korean for example. I am personally doing math 1 as that is a bit easier than math 2. Also what kind of a level grades are you looking at getting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Hira. DIMC say that they want biology chemistry and any other subject of the students choice so it doesn't even have to be maths is could something totally different like Korean for example. I am personally doing math 1 as that is a bit easier than math 2. Also what kind of a level grades are you looking at getting?
Thanks for getting back to me with this, Osman. I was thinking of Math 1 as well, but not sure as of yet. I'm in the USA so we don't have a levels, but I hope I can finish this year off with decent grades, insha'Allah. And would you happen to know if DIMC is quick with their email replies?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I'm unable to send pms due to post count so regarding the whatsapp group, i'll join at a later time but I did join the fb one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The tuition fees was 18k for the previous year ....hopefully it wont increase ��
You can say its almost 20k including all the other fees like exam fees,admission fees etc

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tbh the fees is quite a reasonable amount if you compare it with other unis such as Aku which is almost double...

·
Registered
43 Posts
well AKU is just absurd & I guess anything is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it but my point was more along the lines of the fact that they are charging international standard fees whilst the education isn't all that compared to universities in other countries & not to mention when those universities charge those fees the jobs which you land & the amount you get paid means you will be reimbursed sooner rather than later but imagine you end up staying in Pakistan after paying that sort of money & are earning 40k on govt salaries. (lol sorry, not sure why I have begun a separate discussion altogether)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts