Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why cant we delete our own posts completely, i.e removing it thoroughly from the thread.
Instead of editing it to remove the text and that too in the limited time that it can be edited.

And why cant the creator of a thread delete any posts in his/her thread?
Be it own or someone else's?

·
Registered
329 Posts
because that is the job of the moderators. Once you decide to say something there's no going back. It sort of like a "think before you write" system lol..moderators can probably delete posts or threads if you give them a proper reason (inappropriate language, duplicate post, etc). PM them in those cases.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well this is not good...This is very restricting forum...Kinda hate it

- - - Updated - - -

They must give people some rights...

They give you the right to use your brain so you have the chance to prevent yourself from saying stupid things like that^

If you don't like it, no one is going to force you to use it..so they give you the right to log off :thumbsup:

Reactions: Arshi and Crypt

·
Registered
329 Posts
Lol, no arguments..one can only deal with so many stupid comments or questions before they have to say something. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is getting quite off topic lol :p but think of it as "YO-Yah-YO"..its a name some friends gave me a while back haha..

Reactions: DR.CURIOUS

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
agree with you there.
question: WHY do you have such a peculiar username? I mean, kind of hard to pronounce too. What were you thinking? :p
Narjis... See what happened with the cmh thread..:/

Relevancy and pming...getting me?:/

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Deleting posts is not allowed because it ruins the readability of a thread. A forum works differently than Facebook or other social networking sites and deleting part of a thread often makes it hard to follow what is being discussed.

We recommend users not post anything which they would not feel comfortable with a stranger reading. This is a public forum and all content is visible to everyone so think twice before posting.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I know this thread is pretty old but, whatever.

The reason we can't delete posts is probably because if we delete a post completely, the rest of the thread might stop making sense.

Edited:

Ah. I see MedGrunt already explained the reason. Too bad I saw it late.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts