Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,

i only applied to CMH, LMDC & FMH in punjab. FMH results are coming out on the 3rd i think. i have to deposit my fees by oct 3rd at LMDC and im confused CMH or LMDC?!?

·
Registered
22 Posts
here's the thing, i had an open option to go to LMDC, CMH or FMH meaning i could have ended up at either one of those three places, but i chose LMDC... here's why, im a girl, NEVER lived in pakistan, not gonna live with my family in paki cuz thts just too crazy, so what was my criteria for choosing where to go? i went n checked out all three places, looked at the campuses, cafeterias, hostels, the students, etc. cuz believe me all these little things DO make a difference once you start college, im gonna live in a dorm so a MAJOR factor for me was which one of these three had the best hostels n clearly it was LMDC, other than the ppl at LMDC seemed more chilled out than anywhere else... honestly in my opinion FMH isnt worth it, the building n hostels are crap, its only gonna depresss you if you go there, you'll constantly question yourself if you made the rite decision cuz its REALLY tough for us foreigners to settle into pakistan so you mite aswell choose a place you cant use to complain abt being in paki (if you know what i mean), CMH is great! the location and the standards are absolutely one of the best in LHR, by location i mean its centrally located you can easily go wherever you want, Fortress Stadium is walking distance so if your ever in the mood to take a walk n clear your head, shop or just wanna grab a bite to eat, its the place for you, the ONLY reason why i didnt chose it is b/c they dnt have proper hostels for girls yet... they have like 3-4 girls living in 1 room at a time so tht was a big no for me... abt the studies, your gonna have to study wherever you go, med isnt easy n where you go wont make a difference, at the end of every year, no matter wat college one goes to we ALL end up at UHS for profs, whether you pass or fail is solely dependent on how much you study and how much you really want to be a doctor..... so all in all, chose a place where you think you can survive the next 5 yrs, cuz they're not gonna be easy... i chose LMDC cuz i think thts the place for me but lets see how things go once college starts, you can never make a "perfect" decision.

·
Registered
1 Posts
here's the thing, i had an open option to go to LMDC, CMH or FMH meaning i could have ended up at either one of those three places, but i chose LMDC... here's why, im a girl, NEVER lived in pakistan, not gonna live with my family in paki cuz thts just too crazy, so what was my criteria for choosing where to go? i went n checked out all three places, looked at the campuses, cafeterias, hostels, the students, etc. cuz believe me all these little things DO make a difference once you start college, im gonna live in a dorm so a MAJOR factor for me was which one of these three had the best hostels n clearly it was LMDC, other than the ppl at LMDC seemed more chilled out than anywhere else... honestly in my opinion FMH isnt worth it, the building n hostels are crap, its only gonna depresss you if you go there, you'll constantly question yourself if you made the rite decision cuz its REALLY tough for us foreigners to settle into pakistan so you mite aswell choose a place you cant use to complain abt being in paki (if you know what i mean), CMH is great! the location and the standards are absolutely one of the best in LHR, by location i mean its centrally located you can easily go wherever you want, Fortress Stadium is walking distance so if your ever in the mood to take a walk n clear your head, shop or just wanna grab a bite to eat, its the place for you, the ONLY reason why i didnt chose it is b/c they dnt have proper hostels for girls yet... they have like 3-4 girls living in 1 room at a time so tht was a big no for me... abt the studies, your gonna have to study wherever you go, med isnt easy n where you go wont make a difference, at the end of every year, no matter wat college one goes to we ALL end up at UHS for profs, whether you pass or fail is solely dependent on how much you study and how much you really want to be a doctor..... so all in all, chose a place where you think you can survive the next 5 yrs, cuz they're not gonna be easy... i chose LMDC cuz i think thts the place for me but lets see how things go once college starts, you can never make a "perfect" decision.
I second that...very well said! No matter where you go, its you who has to study and its you who has to choose a career path for yourself, not the university! Universities only enhance your attitude towards a particular career domain and inculcate a sense of prosperity...but in the end the choice is yours, whether you're willing to work for it or not!
However, keep in mind that these are private colleges and education in this case costs a fortune as compared to government colleges...If not anybody else, I, for one, am willing to work my ass off and make the money worth it! The rest is up to the UHS! :happy: ! Good Luck...and Peace!

·
Registered
62 Posts
thanks guys. yeah i agree with that and the FMH campus yeah ur right very depressing. i absolutely love the LMDC campus, CMH is also building a new campus and its equally impressive. the thing i like about CMH is that the admin and staff are all army pp and they're all very respective and formal and it feels very secure there. im living with family so hostel is not an issue for me. the thing im worried about is that i heard CMH teachers don't have a lot of experience is that true? ohh and also LMDC is more expensive than CMH.

Confused about what? A whole overall comparison? Not really sure what you mean...
when i said "im confused CMH or LMDC?!?" i meant im not sure whether i should go to CMH or LMDC, basically im having a tough time choosing between the two and i started this thread to see what ppl think about CMH and LMDC

·
Registered
418 Posts
Forget about going to fmh, its got a real dreary campus..................I would choose lmdc over cmh cuz lmdc is is prety well established..................i would also choose cmh over lmdc cuz cmh has fortress near it and u cud always goto mcdonalds, subway etc.............or wait! maybe im just being influenced by my hunger!......darn it 4 hrs till iftari!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts