Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Shifa is way better if you can afford. Its among the finest medical schools in Pakistan. The quality of education is unparallel. And as far as I know, Shifa has maximum passing rate of USMLE and max number of students working abroad. So in my personal opinion, definitely Shifa especially if you plan to practice abroad.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You so much for the concern people :)
I heard shifa introduced a new modular system is that good or bad?
lastly Shifa is affiliated with bahria university, isn't that a drawback for the university?
Or its just fine?

· Registered
107 Posts
Thank You so much for the concern people :)
I heard shifa introduced a new modular system is that good or bad?
lastly Shifa is affiliated with bahria university, isn't that a drawback for the university?
Or its just fine?
Modular System is 'today's thing'. It's clinical experience synchronised with the theory section. You get to confirm the topics in practicals rather than accepting and memorising the factual knowledge blindly. That's the mode of study the Europeans and the West have. It'll help you study a lot! Plus that's distinguish you from the rest of the graduates when it comes to moving abroad.
Shifa is no more affiliated with Bahria University. It's changed into a university itself, 'Shifa Tameer-e-millat University' or something. So even if there was a drawback, it isn't there anymore. No doubt it's climbed next to Agha Khan now.

· Registered
49 Posts
No Modules for BDS :(

I wanted to go to a dental college which offered the modular system of education.

Unfortunately there is not a single college in Punjab offering Bds which follows the modular system. :(

· Registered
49 Posts
is medicine more easy or bds
I wouldn't know actually.
Though I think the first two years of Bds are more difficult as compared to the first two of MBBS.

First year MBBS
Anatomy,Physiology,Biochemistry

Second Year MBBS
Anatomy,Physiology,Biochemistry,Islamiat,Pak.Studies

----

First Year Bds
Oral Biology and Tooth Morphology,Anatomy,Physiology,Biochemistry,Islamiat,Pak.Studies

Second Year Bds
Sciences of Dental Materials,Community and Preventive Dentistry,General Pathology,Pharmacology,Behavioral Sciences.

Sounds like Bds students may have a relatively larger workload for the first two years.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Modular System is 'today's thing'. It's clinical experience synchronised with the theory section. You get to confirm the topics in practicals rather than accepting and memorising the factual knowledge blindly. That's the mode of study the Europeans and the West have. It'll help you study a lot! Plus that's distinguish you from the rest of the graduates when it comes to moving abroad.
Shifa is no more affiliated with Bahria University. It's changed into a university itself, 'Shifa Tameer-e-millat University' or something. So even if there was a drawback, it isn't there anymore. No doubt it's climbed next to Agha Khan now.

Are you currently studying in shifa? Seems so :)
p.s Thumbs up for that then, Shifa All the way in shaa Allah :)

· Registered
99 Posts
this out of 90 thingy is really confusing, lets just say its out of 100 with interview marks yet to be added. Cause people here calculate a little differently if we ask them out of 90. it increase their aggregate somehow. so out of 100
what about cmh?

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this out of 90 thingy is really confusing, lets just say its out of 100 with interview marks yet to be added. Cause people here calculate a little differently if we ask them out of 90. it increase their aggregate somehow. so out of 100 :p
what about cmh?

Its quite pathetic if you don't know how to calculate your aggregate outta 90/100/orwhatever the figure is been given.
74.7( YES OUT OF 100 )

1 - 20 of 29 Posts