Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this thread is for all those who find the people at the CMH Administration incompetent, or just in general would like to get a student's view on CMH.
Myself and Cefspan would be delighted to help out with your queries

·
Registered
222 Posts
Why are people at CMH so incompetent?
They are millitary,(atleast they think they are) and above civillians.Does that fit?

- - - Updated - - -

Also they dont want you,you want them that also fits.

- - - Updated - - -

And also if you turn your back on them,they wouldnt be at loss there are other students who would die for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See the thing is, I see no point towards answering a dumb question like, why are they incompetent?
Obviously I don't think they are, I wear my college colours proudly
When there's a question with more thought into it, I'll definitely reply with a lot more
In my opinion, CMH is just about the best private institute anybody can hope to get into

·
Registered
222 Posts
See the thing is, I see no point towards answering a dumb question like, why are they incompetent?
When there's a question with more thought into it, I'll definitely reply with a lot more
In my opinion, CMH is just about the best private institute anybody can hope to get into
The best response i have heard in ages.

·
Registered
132 Posts
They are millitary,(atleast they think they are) and above civillians.Does that fit?

- - - Updated - - -

Also they dont want you,you want them that also fits.

- - - Updated - - -

And also if you turn your back on them,they wouldnt be at loss there are other students who would die for it.
I thought u vre gonna b defensive about ur place..:/
So there IS incompetency.
Why are people at CMH so incompetent?

·
Registered
166 Posts
You started this thread with...

"Hi, this thread is for all those who find the people at the CMH Administration incompetent, or just in general would like to get a student's view on CMH.
Myself and Cefspan would be delighted to help out with your queries"

So, you kinda acknowledged that there's a large group of people who find CMH incompetent... I have merit above 90, and they didn't take me... I got into KE...

I knew the answer to my question, I just wanted to hear it from you... They are a corrupt... and that's why they're incompetent...

I agree CMH is probably the best private college for MBBS around, but they're CORRUPT!

:p

·
Registered
528 Posts
....Right.

ANYWAY. Thanks for making the thread sir, I myself would like to know what you find the pro's of the school? Hows the atmosphere? is there any looking down on us civilians, or is there a good mix? Is there gender segregation? Do people do the USMLE often there? How do you find the faculty, good, bad, reasons? Hows the patient exposure in your opinion? Hows the college experience? Extra-curricular activities etc? Finally, most important of all, do you like it? :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
You started this thread with...

"Hi, this thread is for all those who find the people at the CMH Administration incompetent, or just in general would like to get a student's view on CMH.
Myself and Cefspan would be delighted to help out with your queries"

So, you kinda acknowledged that there's a large group of people who find CMH incompetent... I have merit above 90, and they didn't take me... I got into KE...

I knew the answer to my question, I just wanted to hear it from you... They are a corrupt... and that's why they're incompetent...

I agree CMH is probably the best private college for MBBS around, but they're CORRUPT!

:p
U shouldn't just be fuming cz they rejected u..
A uni holds that right.

And congrats u got into KE.

U should've just aimed for KE then instead.
Y try out at cmh in the first place..

if they are preferring MCAT merit students for the local seats,
That shouldn't be the reason for u to go alleging.

·
Registered
166 Posts
And it's not a dumb question! If you read what people have written on Medstudentz - many have written negatively about CMH... Students have such high expectations of CMH, (including myself), but students say that all they care about is $$$..

Even in interviews, people have written on here, that they ask you about your fathers occupation and whether you can submit the fee by the end of this week... Is that how an interview should be conducted? Is that what we want our future generation of doctors to be treated like?!

As a student who has to deal with their incompetency day in day out, I wanted you to shed some light on why they were so incompetent...

Guess the incompetency has rubbed out on you... :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to apply to CMH as we thought it would be best for me...

It would be clean, strict, modern etc... and the fact it's 5 mins from my home...

But their incompetency resulted in me not getting admission there... I paid a visit there at least 10 times... From August till November... and I did everything they asked me to do... Got all the scores, equivalence etc... But still, they said no... Pay us xxxxx amount, then we'll let you study...

:roll:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And it's not a dumb question! If you read what people have written on Medstudentz - many have written negatively about CMH... Students have such high expectations of CMH, (including myself), but students say that all they care about is $$$..

Even in interviews, people have written on here, that they ask you about your fathers occupation and whether you can submit the fee by the end of this week... Is that how an interview should be conducted? Is that what we want our future generation of doctors to be treated like?!

As a student who has to deal with their incompetency day in day out, I wanted you to shed some light on why they were so incompetent...

Guess the incompetency has rubbed out on you... :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to apply to CMH as we thought it would be best for me...

It would be clean, strict, modern etc... and the fact it's 5 mins from my home...

But their incompetency resulted in me not getting admission there... I paid a visit there at least 10 times... From August till November... and I did everything they asked me to do... Got all the scores, equivalence etc... But still, they said no... Pay us xxxxx amount, then we'll let you study...

:roll:

Mate I do not tolerate personal attacks, the rubbed out part, I do not like at all, so avoid it.
You got into KE, get over it and move on, this is for people who like my institution
Corruption is not for you to judge

Anyhow best of luck for your future endeavours as this is my last reply to a comment of yours
I do not dignify disrespectful people with responses
I would much rather help someone who needs my help

·
Registered
166 Posts
I went there in October... and I asked Colonel Zafar to help me calculate my UHS aggregate, as I didn't know how to do it... He told me to go home, and work it out myself, and if I had a score over 80 then they'd consider me... But to no avail, I couldn't work out my score... I went back, and he then called out one of his admin guys... and he took me in a different room to calculate my score...

After 5 mins of working out, he calculated my score, and wrote it to me on a piece of paper...

I went back to Colonel Zafar with that piece of paper in my hand with my UHS merit... He looked at it with his glasses on... And ripped it to shreds... He then said, this is not your official score - this is too much and that we have made a mistake... It was 91

I went to UHS, and then spoke to the guy who invented the formula to calculate aggregate scores. He was lovely, and helped me calculate my score... It was more than what the CMH admin guy calculated... It was 92... I was so angry... :mad:

I just felt like punching him in the face.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate I do not tolerate personal attacks, the rubbed out part, I do not like at all, so avoid it.
You got into KE, get over it and move on, this is for people who like my institution
Corruption is not for you to judge

Anyhow best of luck for your future endeavours as this is my last reply to a comment of yours
I do not dignify disrespectful people with responses
I would much rather help someone who needs my help
Sorry for taking out my frustration on you...

I just had an opportunity to let off some steam on here :mad: I just have a vendetta against CMH :?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I went there in October... and I asked Colonel Zafar to help me calculate my UHS aggregate, as I didn't know how to do it... He told me to go home, and work it out myself, and if I had a score over 80 then they'd consider me... But to no avail, I couldn't work out my score... I went back, and he then called out one of his admin guys... and he took me in a different room to calculate my score...

After 5 mins of working out, he calculated my score, and wrote it to me on a piece of paper...

I went back to Colonel Zafar with that piece of paper in my hand with my UHS merit... He looked at it with his glasses on... And ripped it to shreds... He then said, this is not your official score - this is too much and that we have made a mistake... It was 91

I went to UHS, and then spoke to the guy who invented the formula to calculate aggregate scores. He was lovely, and helped me calculate my score... It was more than what the CMH admin guy calculated... It was 92... I was so angry... :mad:

I just felt like punching him in the face.
Honestly, If you couldn't evaluate a mere AGGREGATE, I seriosuly DOUBT HOW THE HECK YOU GOT THAT PERCENTAGE! :woot:
secondly, Col Zafar's a busy guy, you don't go taking to officials in colleges asking thm to help you out your aggregate!
(I know how helpful associates are in KEMU, and how CO-OPERATIVE their staff is, if you don't feel like getting slapped by thm, thn what CMH walas did was NOTHING as compared to that)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Honestly, If you couldn't evaluate a mere AGGREGATE, I seriosuly DOUBT HOW THE HECK YOU GOT THAT PERCENTAGE! :woot:
secondly, Col Zafar's a busy guy, you don't go taking to officials in colleges asking thm to help you out your aggregate!
(I know how helpful associates are in KEMU, and how CO-OPERATIVE their staff is, if you don't feel like getting slapped by thm, thn what CMH walas did was NOTHING as compared to that)
He said to me, go home and check our website... there you'll be able to calculate your aggregate...

Does it give the formula to calculate your merit on the CMH website? no!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
....Right.

ANYWAY. Thanks for making the thread sir, I myself would like to know what you find the pro's of the school? Hows the atmosphere? is there any looking down on us civilians, or is there a good mix? Is there gender segregation? Do people do the USMLE often there? How do you find the faculty, good, bad, reasons? Hows the patient exposure in your opinion? Hows the college experience? Extra-curricular activities etc? Finally, most important of all, do you like it? :)
No problem at all, I'm here to answer every appropriate question to which I may know the answer

Pros:
-Being a first year student, you should be very happy to know that CMH is one of the few institutions that for the start of every year gets at least 4 fresh cadavers for the dissection hall
-Our departments of Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology have some of the most senior professors and their instruction is very hands on
-It is the perfect balance between control and independence, they will let you be and do whatever you want, however if they feel your performance is dwindling, the heads of departments will certainly intervene and try and figure out why you're not performing
-Campus is one of the best, Air conditioned lecture halls, Brilliant architecture, newly made cafeteria, best hostels for any college that I've seen

Atmosphere:
-Everyone gets along, there isn't much to worry about, most people are from good backgrounds and you won't feel like you made a bad choice

Civillian vs Army:
-Well being medical cadets, they do get certain amounts of special treatment, however their mistakes are punished far more severely than a normal student, there is absolutely NO looking down upon

Gender segregation:
Not at all, co-ed

USMLE:
-Many of our seniors have gone on to do their USMLE and I am in touch with quite a few of them who even got placements for training in the United States

-The faculty as i mentioned above are brilliant, very accomplished

-Extracurriculars do exist, I myself run one of the societies in the college, we have a debating society, sports clubs, arts club etc etc

Patient Exposure:
The exposure is no doubt less compared to government institutions, however, this can be a good thing as well in your house job years as you get more time with patients, the variety of patients is nearly the same, the quantity is lower

I really do like the institution

1 - 20 of 123 Posts