Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm stoked about seeing some of the best soccer teams of the world compete for the World Cup trophy this summer! Anyone else a big soccer fan?

I know Brazil's always favored to win but I think this year the French team is going to kick some serious ass. What do you think? :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
yeh cheeezzz !!!!! 90 days to go !! and as always i'll be supporting italy .. been a fan of the azzuri ever since that baggio goal in italia 90 ... and things r lookin good after they beat the oranje 3-0 and the germans 4-1 !! fingers crossed for totti ... other than that i really hope that Arena's men do something so ppl start playing soccer on the streets ... i hate not being able to play futbol everyday !

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man Italy's a good team, no doubt about it but if they wanna win their group they gotta take out the awesome Czech Republic and the Americans who are eager to prove that their 2002 quarter final spot was no fluke! :p

But hey, at least they'll demolish Ghana, or at least they should, this being Ghana's first year and all. :)

By the way Liverpool is outta Champions League :-(

·
Registered
129 Posts
when it comes to cricket ... test cricket is all that matters ... one dayers are just a spoilt distant cousin getting all the attention !

·
Registered
129 Posts
Heyyy I enjoy cricket...but love badminton-that's my sport :D

And...No you're wrong Rizwan...The cricket match in the movie Lagaan was the best cricket match ever :wink: Aamir Khan rocked! lol :oops:

·
Registered
180 Posts
mastahriz said:
South Africa vs. Australia on 3/12/2006: Best Cricket Match EVER.
I saw the scorecard. Amazing match.

The batting of both sides was astounding. But their bowling looks pretty weak, if you cant defend a total of 430 something there is something seriously wrong with the bowling. Without Mcgrath and Warne, Australia dont look like the same team, in their bowling department.

·
Registered
129 Posts
check out fbtz.com .... u can download all the latest international friendlies, champions league, copa libertadores and domestic league games from most of the top european and south american leagues

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Less than three weeks left! :p

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think the exciting teams will be Brazil and Portugal, and also some of the African countries.

Czech republic ranked 2nd will be a interesting team to see in the world cup, no one knows that much about them (the average football watcher).

Being in the UK, England will also be interesting 2 see, they have good players, but will see how they progress compared to other teams in the world.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, Englands a good team but I don't know how well they're going to do without Rooney in the beginning....Portugal's got Figo which should be cool to watch...don't know if he's still got it or not.

I think Iran's going to do some awesome stuff and I wouldn't count out the Americans either this year...they may finally have what it takes! :)

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Less than a week.......EXCITING! :)

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
C'mon, hasn't ANYONE been watching the World Cup!? You people are boring! :p

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes I have!

Argentina vs Ivary Coast was the best match so far of the world cup. The way they played football, the way they passed, the way they attacked. I was impressed by Ivary coast, they are in a tough group, but I hope they come through.

Trinidad and Tobago played excellent against Sweeden.

So far out of all the teams who have played, Argentina look the best.

So far it's been a good world cup, with attacking football played, and these new nations who have come to it, are playing pretty well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
well.......me too excited ab it ...but dunt hav much time to c all teams playing their matches...yet im updated wid the results so far!

though my fav. teamz are also Brazil,frnace n germany but i guess that england is also thought to b performing well in the soccer cup but in da fisrt match.....performance was okay but paraguay also played ausum......though its a new entry.....so in their comaprison,england was not up to the mark! but yet lots to b awaited....lets c wut happens at da end !

cherrzz

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ghana Won!!!! I'm sooo excited! This was my first game. I'm really getting into this! Now U.S.A against Italy and its tied 1-1. Can't wait to see what happens... [smile]

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OMG, that was awesome! I knew the Czechs had just won against the US on a fluke and this proved it! :p

1 - 20 of 43 Posts