Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ppl... is ne1 going to apply for MBBS this year (2007)? i thought it wud be helpful if we made a seperate thread for this year tht way we can help each other through the process of applying as we all noe how difficult and outrageously insane it is.... also who noes we mite end up together in the same college so i thought it wud be cool if we got to noe each other beforehand! #grin

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey, InshAllah I'm applying for this year. Where are you guys applying? I'm only applyin to colleges in Islamabad/Rawalpindi...Shifa, RMC, Army, and maybe IIMC. Did you guys take your SAT 2's yet?

#happy

·
Registered
54 Posts
In the same boat as y'all-- right now I'm prepping for the SAT II and taking it in May. I think the best thing to do is take college level sciences to help prep for the SAT II. It'll def. help you out!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ahh, I think it might be hard to get a 600+ on SAT 2's i dunno how alot of people did it! Or it might not be hard, but its so hard to find the time..maybe just for me cuz im graduating early and im doing 11th+12th grade together, so its double the work, who knows? Anyways, how're you studying? are you taking an SAT 2 prep class or on ur own?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm studying on my own and auditing college level sciences. I already took bio and chem in college so it's a bit of a review session for me. I think you can definetly get a 600+. It might be difficult to squeeze in college courses with you're schedule so if I were you I'd get those lil books (I got the kaplan ones they're pretty good) and if you can get into those prep courses take them they'll help.

have you taken any practice tests? take them and see where you fall at score wise, ishallah you'll do fine!

·
Registered
75 Posts
oh crap i dont even want to think about the sat II's #eek ...do u need them if ur applying to government schools? and do u have to take all three bio chem and physics?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Haha Sababu...we're definately in the same boat! I dont even want to think about taking them but we have to do it! I think it's mandatory when applying anywhere in Pakistan for Medical Colleges to show your SAT 2 score! sh425, thanks for ur advice, i'm sure it probably does help to take the college course, but for right now, im using the McGraw Hills books, but inshAllah i'll try getting a Kaplan book! Are you going to go to pakistan and get your equivalence done? or from here?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Haha Sababu...we're definately in the same boat! I dont even want to think about taking them but we have to do it! I think it's mandatory when applying anywhere in Pakistan for Medical Colleges to show your SAT 2 score! sh425, thanks for ur advice, i'm sure it probably does help to take the college course, but for right now, im using the McGraw Hills books, but inshAllah i'll try getting a Kaplan book! Are you going to go to pakistan and get your equivalence done? or from here?
Pakistan's government schools usually do not require a SAT-II score. Only private medical colleges do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey ppl... yeah im studying for SAT II's also... planning to take Bio n Chem in May... need above a 600 on both... im gonna apply everywhere in Lahore, wat abt u guys?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm applying to shifa and army--I know that for shifa you can take the SAT II in all 3 bio chem and phys, get a 650+ in 2 of them and use that instead of taking the entrance exam. I read it on their website in the admissions section
I'm going to pakistan to get my grade equivalency stuff done i know it's going to take forever...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah right here! I'm going to be applying for BDS same process, requirements, and headache as mbbs...just heard BDS is a bit easier to get into...I'm planning on applying to Lahore Medical and Dental College and MAYBE Hamdard in Karachi...kinda scared to go to Karachi for 4 years if you know what I mean...and any other dental school i can find...I graduate the last week of May. I should be out of the States by the second week on June for the whole admissions process..Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 MBBS!

Hey wassup guys, uhm ima a first yr @ UC Davis in CA, but my parents wanna move to one of those new bahria town developments in either lahore or islamabd sooo i gotta come to to apply to school.

What schools are u foriegn students applying to? Becuase i doubt we can pass the entrance exam sponsered by the school, so we basically have to take SAT IIs. ive looked @ mainly Shifa , but im lookn @ colleges in lahore and all i have is Fatima Memorial Medical College. cuz cmh isnt recognized yet, do u guys know of any other medical colleges in lahore that accept SAT IIs and are recognized by the pdmc and the Medical Board of California - Medical Schools Recognized by the Medical Board of California ?

But for now i gotta start studying for SAT IIs :( and getting my IBCC equivalance stuff:happy:

·
Registered
73 Posts
"my parents wanna move to one of those new bahria town developments in either lahore or islamabd"

lolz, my dad built a house there too cuz my parents want to move there as well..but thats a different story!
So are all the people applying this year going to apply by taking SAT 2's or is anyone going to try to take the entrance exam??

·
Registered
75 Posts
i looked at some of the questions for the entrance exam for shifa and they were pretty manageable...i'm still debating wether or not to take the SAT II's but i guess it wouldn't hurt to take them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ehh same here; I think the only reason I don't want to take the SAT 2's is because theres only a couple of months left before june and alot of school work and no time to study in order to get a 650+!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
If anyone has any tips to help study for them though...i'm sure it would help!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
There's some good tips on SAT studying in some other threads on the forum. Try a search with SAT or Princeton Review/ Kaplan, since those are two really helpful tools when it comes to SAT studying.

The best way to get over a 700 on those subject tests is to practice, practice, practice. Otherwise it's hopeless.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts