Medical Students Forums banner

any1 going to LMDC this yr (2007)?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  ghummank04 
#1 · (Edited)
hey ppl!!! just wanted to know if any1 was gonna go to LMDC or was thinking abt going? im probably gonna end up going there so thought it would be nice to get to noe sum ppl b4 hand #grin

#3 ·
the process is really straighforward for foreigners (ie us) all u hafto do is submit ur ibcc equivlanecy certificate n it has to be above 60%... also submit a copy of ur official high skool transcript n talk to the guy, pay the fees n ur done... if ur really interest then i suggest u do it rite away, they only have like 5 seats left outta 15... they have a lot of foreign kids coming this year

#4 ·
oo that sounds kool sourssugar... but how about the application? i dont see that online...and for the ibcc certificate..i dint receive that yet..but dunt know when ill receive it either..but i do know i qualify to apply to med school watever that means by the ibcc people..do u have any ideas as to what i should do?? ...and do u know how many seats they have for dental school ...foreign students that is...aight thanks for the help! :)

#6 ·
theres no entrance tests for foreigners... as i said just get ur ibcc certificate n make sure its above 60% (660/1100) n just go to the college n talk to the admin there n they'll give u the form n everything... they have 15 foreign seats for mbbs of which 6 were empty (at the time of my admission) and they have 10 foreign seats for bds of which 9 were empty... if the ibcc is delaying ur certificate then try to get the provisional ASAP cuz a lot of local pakistanis are willing to pay for the foreign seat n get admissions (i noe it sounds impossible but its paki everything goes)... again if u really are interested try to get everything done ASAP cuz admissions are really tight this year n by this i mean there are thousands of students applying to every college n seats are limited n its basically first come first serve for foreigners cuz we dnt hafto take the entrance exam or anything

#16 ·
obtaining more than 60% doesn't mean u get the admission automatically....as mentioned above, there is alot of competition among foreingners. http://www.hec.gov.pk/new/AcademicA...tudents/download/merit_list_SFS_2007-2008.pdf
this is the provisional list of foreign applicants that got admitted in pakistani institutes. You can get an idea of how much score you need to secure a seat. In BDS the lowest grade was 773/1100 and 935/1100 the highest. In MBBS the lowest grade was 792/1100.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.