Medical Students Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

Registered
Oooh I did! Finally the thread's back alive lol!

It always has been馃槀. Just not here. Most of the people were added to the group i talked bout.

Anyways, congratsssss. How's your prep? Did you get the date? My interview is on 1st馃槹

Registered
My preps bad. Nope about the interview date. Feeling nervous. Also good luck on your interview!
Thankyouuu. Do remember to pray for me 馃檹.
Btw your interview will most probably be on 5/6th November. I called the aku admissions office. And thats what they said.

Registered
I see you also have given your interview. What questions (if any) did they ask about COVID19 ?

Registered
AKU Admission

Can sts' applying to AKU in 2021 be guided by the sts' of AKU or those who've written the AKU test, please?
Currently studying 2nd year - federal board

Registered
The entrance test.
In 2018 and before, it used to be two separate subjects: Language (English) and Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math reasoning and Science reasoning). One needed to pass both the subjects to pass the test. From 2019 and onward the style have been changed. Now only science paper takes place with two sections:
Section A (Science Achievement Component) -- Biology, Chemistry, Physics. 20 questions per subject making total questions 60 in section A. There is negative marking of 0.25 in this section.
Section B (Cumulative Science and Math Reasoning Component) -- Math reasoning and science reasoning. 30 questions per subject making total question 60 in section B. There is no negative marking in this section.
Each year a threshold percentage for passing is made for each Section by taking the top 300 students in account. For 2020, Science Achievement Component had threshold of 70% and Cumulative Science and Math Reasoning Component had threshold of 74%. If one had more than 70% in Section AND more than 74% in Section B then he/she would have passed and shortlisted for interview.

Registered
In 2018 and before, it used to be two separate subjects: Language (English) and Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math reasoning and Science reasoning). One needed to pass both the subjects to pass the test. From 2019 and onward the style have been changed. Now only science paper takes place with two sections:
Section A (Science Achievement Component) -- Biology, Chemistry, Physics. 20 questions per subject making total questions 60 in section A. There is negative marking of 0.25 in this section.
Section B (Cumulative Science and Math Reasoning Component) -- Math reasoning and science reasoning. 30 questions per subject making total question 60 in section B. There is no negative marking in this section.
Each year a threshold percentage for passing is made for each Section by taking the top 300 students in account. For 2020, Science Achievement Component had threshold of 70% and Cumulative Science and Math Reasoning Component had threshold of 74%. If one had more than 70% in Section AND more than 74% in Section B then he/she would have passed and shortlisted for interview.
Thank you!!!

Registered
No, nothing yet. Initially they said mid December but now they are like end of December . And there are still chances of delay.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts