Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aslamoalaekum,

Ok so guys i'm currently doing my A levels from Islamabad, currently in AS so i still have a year before i appear for my Medical College tests and etc. I just had a few queries.
Firstly, about the AKU's(Agha Khan University) tuition fee, although, i have seen the fee structure on the official website i still don't understand the concept of "University fee" and "Tuition fee2" separately and almost more than 7 lacs each. Also, which students are eligible to pay? I mean, i've heard the selection in AKU is merit-based and from what I've heard students selected on merit don't have to pay fee (correct me if i'm wrong) and if i'm correct then does this mean that the students who'll pay the fee just have to pass in the entrance test of AKU but pay the huge sum of money?

Secondly, how and from where should i prepare for the entry tests of both Shifa Medical University and AKU? As they say to also consult the Fsc books for entrance tests etc so i was wondering, i'll already do that while preparing for my MCAT so is that enough or do i need to study exceptionally for the university tests?

Thirdly, what grades do i need to get admission or even apply for AKU? And what percentage of MCAT and if someone can kindly also explain the format, total marks and time for a MCAT exam.

Fourthly, i would love if a person who's already given the test, been selected in any of these institutes and anyhow has a lot of information for this field of education in Pakistan reply this as soon as possible and oh, Good Luck to everyone out there, may Allah show you success in every good aspect of life. Cheers! :) Have a good day and Thanks in advance if someone can explain me these things, i know it's too much but i'll appreciate it :p

Allah Hafiz:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Students are selected according to merit and everyone gaining admission has to pay the fee. The process of admission is the same for everyone
Tution fees and university fees are the same thing.

AKU has a different testing system compared to the MCAT, its more concept based. They ask you the conceptual portion of FSC and A Levels. Studyin the SAT II content is a great idea for AKU, as the SAT II course is similar to the pattern of the test. Theres also a math portion that i recommend you prepare from SAT I math. the English portion is very easy and basic. They also have a science reasoning portion which i felt was A Level conceptual content.

Shifa has content from FSC, A Levels and the SAT II as well. For that id recommend just covering the SAT II course and FSC course. Bio in my year at least, was purely FSC based.

In AKU they wont accept you if you have a C. Minimum straight Bs are acceptable.

For the MCAT you should look up their format online.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts