Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the PMDC website at : Regulations!

Minimum age limit fixed by the Council of 17 years and maximum age limit of 35 years for getting admission in MBBS/BDS course were reconsidered by the Council. The Council has decided that there should not be minimum or maximum age limit for admission in MBBS/BDS class.

·
Registered
83 Posts
HURRRRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! I am so happy...even though this rule does not directly apply to me, but THIS IS ANOTHER GREAT STEP FOR FREEDOM OF EDUCATION IN PAKISTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OLD PEOPLE!! All those SUCKERS who complain about the system of Pakistan must read this news...WE ARE SPREADING OUR HORIZO AND MOVING AHEAD.....PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah I think it was a stupid rule to begin with because there is LITERALLY no diversity in medical schools of pakistan. All the students have the exact same education, have the same interests, come from the same part of the country mostly, same economic upbringing as a whole.

So the end result are boring doctors, some becoming corupt (performing illegal abortions, kidney transplants, running their own labs/pharmacy to make more money) and they are just DULL. They really need to find a way to broaden the student body besides mullahs, a few foreigners, tribals and the merited. Age limit abolishment is a step in the right way, although a baby step!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone info regarding the oldest students accepted at reputable med schools in Pakistan since the abolition of upper age limits and what their experiences might be?
#confused

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please can anyone tell me what is the maximum age limit now ?
Since its an old thread, so just want to confirm if its still 35 or has changed ...

Regards

·
Registered
683 Posts
Since its an old thread, so just want to confirm if its still 35 or has changed ...

Regards
Its 100% confirm that age limit for admission in MBBS / BDS was abolished by PMDC

last year . .

its notice was placed on UHS website, but i didnt found it there now . .

u'll have to search for it in PMDC or UHS website .

·
Registered
6 Posts

Regards
There is technically NO UPPER AGE LIMIT - but you need to have completed matric within two years of applying - go figure!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for answering ...
I didnt get the "completed matric within two years of applying" part.....r u talking about SSC (Secondary School Certificate/ Matriculation) ? cosif someone around 26 wants to apply then he surely would have done his matric and FSc so many years ago ... :S
please tell me what im missing here ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is technically NO UPPER AGE LIMIT - but you need to have completed matric within two years of applying - go figure!
Thanks for answering ...
I didnt get the "completed matric within two years of applying" part.....r u talking about SSC (Secondary School Certificate/ Matriculation) ? cosif someone around 26 wants to apply then he surely would have done his matric and FSc so many years ago ... :S

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for answering ...
SSC/FSc within 2 years - correct - but that's if you apply as a non-pakistani - I'm not sure about Pakistani nationals.Why not download the document yourself. Follow the link that says "For admission 2011-2012 session...." on the pmdc.org.pk website.

:happy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts