Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my aggregate is 64.9. 814 in fsc.. Any chances to get admission in private medical colleges in Lahore without donations? But no bds,i want to go for mbbs

·
Registered
121 Posts
NONE of you applied for foreign based admission on self finance scheme of HEC (higher education commission) ??

·
Registered
528 Posts
People did. And you SHOULD be looking for those people in posts clearly named "Foreign seat" or "Foreign applicants".

·
Registered
162 Posts
Firstly, your aggregate is pretty low. I don't really know much about medical colleges in Lahore but in Islamabad you'd be hard-pressed to get admission in any Private Medical College with that aggregate, in MBBS or BDS.

I do hope you get in somewhere though.

Secondly, what is 'self finance scheme of HEC'. I've seen it referenced to a lot on these forums but I can't find an decent explanation of what it is anywhere.

·
Registered
329 Posts
HEC is the department through which foreign applicants apply to govt schools. They look at your equivalence and SATII scores and place you in a college depending on your choice and the availability of a seat. Private colleges run on their own individual apps and are therefore totally separate from govt school admissions

·
Registered
121 Posts
Higher Education Commission.
They offer seats for MBBS in Pakistan based on open merit- but they are Self finance seats. That means the candidates selected on open merit will have to pay dues. But these dues are less than what you would pay for private medical college.

Only those students can apply to HEC who hold a foreign passport.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks. How much does someone applying on HEC have to pay? Would it be cheaper to get in a private college on a local seat or on HEC as a foreigner?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts