Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I applied to medical colleges through the PTAP program and the Self Finance, sometime in July or the beginning of August I believe. When am I supposed to hear back from them? In the meantime im going to college, and the semester ends in the beginning of December. Will I be able to complete this first semester before going to Pakistan? Thanks

Thamarah

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im from Upstate NY and im going to SUNY ESF. my SAT II scores were something like, chem-700, bio-690, physics-690. and my IBCC score was nine hundred something. Im not sure how good those are compared to other people. Can I ask what your scores were? Where did you apply?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Those scores are awesome! These scores are much better than most people to be honest. My f.s.c equivalence score is 797/1100 (72.45%) and my sat II scores are 660 for bio and chem and 670 for physics. After high school I attended CUNY Brooklyn College for a year. Which will probably be seen as a wasted year if I get accepted lol. Oh yeah I listed 7 schools in order of preference. They are: allama Iqbal, king Edward, sargodha, nawaz sharif, Rawalpindi, Punjab, and nishter. So my top pick is allama Iqbal. What was your top choice? And will you be taking the mcat over here? And what about applying to some private med schools on their foreign seat?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! That totally gave me a confidence boost :p. My top choice was Punjab and then Sargodha, Fatimah Jinnah, and King Edward. I havent applied to any private medical schools yet, but thanks for reminding me lol I should prob get started on that before the deadlines. And what do you mean about mcat's? Do you mean something like the usmle?:?

·
Registered
343 Posts
why is your top choice punjab? have you got family in faisalabad? there is an entrance exam in pakistan conducted by the university of health sciences which is called the mcat - nothing to do with usmle. the folks in HEC will accept the entrance exam score if you haven't done your sat II. i've decided to submit both and they said they will decide which score is better for my application. btw, did you get your matric certificate from IBCC?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i have family. And when is this mcat you're talking about? Can I take it in America? and I havent gotten the actual certificate in the mail yet, but there is someone in Pakistan taking care of documents and stuff for us. Are you already in Pakistan?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.