Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I wanted to know if medical schools in Pakistan are okay with taking AS Level retakes or will this make admission difficult? Also do they accept it if you dont do all of your A levels together in one go. If you do one of your main subjects a year after the rest of your subjects. Does this make a difference and I'm which universities?
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi guys, I wanted to know if medical schools in Pakistan are okay with taking AS Level retakes or will this make admission difficult? Also do they accept it if you dont do all of your A levels together in one go. If you do one of your main subjects a year after the rest of your subjects. Does this make a difference and I'm which universities?
Thank you in advance
After you're done with your A-levels you will need to get an equivalence from IBCC.

IBCC has a notification in which they say, 'Improvement of grades/marks.' So, I suppose they will be okay with retakes.
I don't think it matters if you don't do it in one go. But, if your doing one subject a year after then I'm not sure. You should call the IBCC people and ask.

To the universities the only thing that matters is the IBCC equivalence being 60% or above. But, I'm not sure about Aga Khan's rules. You can check out their website.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I found the line below in IBCC's application form for equivalence.

"14. Improvement of any subject will be considered if improved within a year."

I thought that, if you're retaking a year later then you should take a look at this.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is very useful. Thank you so much!
Your very welcome.

You know, for most of the colleges when you're filling in an application form they ask you the 'year of passing' for your IGCSE and A-levels. If you give one of your main subjects a year after the rest, how will you write the 'year of passing'?

I recommend that you contact the IBCC about this dilemma.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.