Medical Students Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, what are the required grades for getting into dental school in europe, ive heard of charles university, debrecan and a few others could you give me a rough estimate, i have c d e, and also is it mainly based on the entrance exam if you dont meet criteria? Many thanks #happy

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey guys, what are the required grades for getting into dental school in europe, ive heard of charles university, debrecan and a few others could you give me a rough estimate, i have c d e, and also is it mainly based on the entrance exam if you dont meet criteria? Many thanks #happy
u know wot, u dont really need that good grades to get in. i have got abc at a level in bio, chem and sociology. i had placements to do pharmacy but i wanna do mbbs or dentistry. so i took a gap yr and i jus had an interview 4 debrecen last week, which was not too tuff. they said i was exempt from written test coz of my grades. in the interview they basically gonna ask u questions from biology, wit an option of doing chemistry or physics. i aint eva dun physkx so i said chem. it was what u expect. in bio gonna ask u cells, dna, reproduction etc n in chem, atomz, periodicity, trends, organic mechanismz, equilibria etc. just basically mostly as shit wit sum topicz from a2.

tbh bruv its not that hard gettin in. charles r stroppy, coz they be asking 4 so much documents etc and there entrance exm is killa. plus i had sum m8z go there who were much smarter than me, and they failed the 1st yr.

u can also try out other countries. email them. but tbh if i were u i would not tell em me grades. jus say i has passd secondry ed. and am eligible to go onto higher ed. in uk. ur not lying r u? jus keepin the truth from em! slowly net em in and when they have given u detailz of entrance exm etc, then u can tell em ur grades. they will most probably except u. i know people who after completing gcse went to poland to do md. they got like 11 a*s and stuff and there were a couple of as levels as well in there. they r doing fine. but they were very smart. they knew getting into mbbs or bds in uk is impossible. they saved a lot of tme n hassle n followed their dream. plus its cheap in uk compared to moving out in the uk.

well bruv in conclusion, all i can say is that getting in is not the problem. coping with there curriculum is a problem. in first yr u have to do biophysics, medical chemistry, biostatistics etc. with the knowlegde u gain in 1st y r if u pass it, u could easily smak 3 a grades in a level in bio, chem n maths in b-ham, u get me? im jus worried about passin the first n second yr. im gonna do dentistry at debrecen hungary this yr. i heard the drop out fail rate in debz iz like 20%. gotta keep with the 80 % then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u gotz n e other qs then holla bruv, ill try to the best of me knowlij to answr em. syf.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yo thanks man, seriously, ive had my doubts and stuff, but youve eased my mind alot man, i think debrecan will be my main choice im gonna apply everywhere, ill sit the examinations and do my best get me, thanks bro, ill give you a heads up if i gots any questions, good luck with your application man, ull get in fo sho! peace up

·
Registered
63 Posts
yo thanks man, seriously, ive had my doubts and stuff, but youve eased my mind alot man, i think debrecan will be my main choice im gonna apply everywhere, ill sit the examinations and do my best get me, thanks bro, ill give you a heads up if i gots any questions, good luck with your application man, ull get in fo sho! peace up
any news about admissions bruv?

u heard from debrecen or prague?

·
Registered
63 Posts
#cool

HEARD ANY REPLIES HOMIE?

·
Registered
178 Posts
u know wot, u dont really need that good grades to get in. i have got abc at a level in bio, chem and sociology. i had placements to do pharmacy but i wanna do mbbs or dentistry. so i took a gap yr and i jus had an interview 4 debrecen last week, which was not too tuff. they said i was exempt from written test coz of my grades. in the interview they basically gonna ask u questions from biology, wit an option of doing chemistry or physics. i aint eva dun physkx so i said chem. it was what u expect. in bio gonna ask u cells, dna, reproduction etc n in chem, atomz, periodicity, trends, organic mechanismz, equilibria etc. just basically mostly as shit wit sum topicz from a2.

tbh bruv its not that hard gettin in. charles r stroppy, coz they be asking 4 so much documents etc and there entrance exm is killa. plus i had sum m8z go there who were much smarter than me, and they failed the 1st yr.

u can also try out other countries. email them. but tbh if i were u i would not tell em me grades. jus say i has passd secondry ed. and am eligible to go onto higher ed. in uk. ur not lying r u? jus keepin the truth from em! slowly net em in and when they have given u detailz of entrance exm etc, then u can tell em ur grades. they will most probably except u. i know people who after completing gcse went to poland to do md. they got like 11 a*s and stuff and there were a couple of as levels as well in there. they r doing fine. but they were very smart. they knew getting into mbbs or bds in uk is impossible. they saved a lot of tme n hassle n followed their dream. plus its cheap in uk compared to moving out in the uk.

well bruv in conclusion, all i can say is that getting in is not the problem. coping with there curriculum is a problem. in first yr u have to do biophysics, medical chemistry, biostatistics etc. with the knowlegde u gain in 1st y r if u pass it, u could easily smak 3 a grades in a level in bio, chem n maths in b-ham, u get me? im jus worried about passin the first n second yr. im gonna do dentistry at debrecen hungary this yr. i heard the drop out fail rate in debz iz like 20%. gotta keep with the 80 % then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u gotz n e other qs then holla bruv, ill try to the best of me knowlij to answr em. syf.
Have you started your course yet? Hows it going?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts