Medical Students Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Whoever has 80+ aggregate please share them here. Even if it is with Sat2. Then we can determine who gets into which colg. My preference for mbbs is this:
1 Shifa
2 Cmh
3 Shalimar
4 fmh
5 lmdc

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know that Shifa and Agha Khan are often compared, but Agha khan is far far above Shifa. I think that when you choose MBBS, the most important thing is clinical experience. And Shifa hospital can not provide you better clinical experience than Shalamar.
So, my priorities are:
1. Shalamar (clinical aspect)
2. CMH (reputation)
3. FUMC (The fauji foundation hospital affiliated
I have been to Shifa hospital and you really dont find half the patient exposure you can find in fauji foundation or Shalamar hospital

Anyways, congratulations to you guys for whatever you pick!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanku!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ali.warraich i do agree aga khan is better than shifa. But Shifa itself has a good repute. If we talk bout clinical exposure then yes Shalimar stands out amongst my preference list.
Nd 84.9 is ur uhs aggregate or sat2?

·
Registered
41 Posts
My UHS aggregate. Shifa has a good repute, yes, if you want to go abroad. I, for one, am really against that, If someone aims to go abroad then why not study abroad? Why take the seat of someone who is actually passionate to work for this country? Occupy a seat in Pakistan to go and serve another country. I really dont support that so no, not Shifa. If you want to work in Pakistan and make the world recognize you themselves, then inside Pakistan Shalamar and CMH have a very shining reputation.
And MBBS is all about clinical experience. Agha Khan builds personality although a lot of people choose it for going abroad too. But I dont pick Shifa in my priorities because, its admisnitration is totally money minded and I plan to work in Pakistan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I salute u. There are really a few people who think like that nowadays. I didnt chose shifa as 1st coz i want to go out. Its coz ov its repute. Hopefully we'll all get in mbbs and help Pakistan IA :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
My UHS aggregate. Shifa has a good repute, yes, if you want to go abroad. I, for one, am really against that, If someone aims to go abroad then why not study abroad? Why take the seat of someone who is actually passionate to work for this country? Occupy a seat in Pakistan to go and serve another country. I really dont support that so no, not Shifa. If you want to work in Pakistan and make the world recognize you themselves, then inside Pakistan Shalamar and CMH have a very shining reputation.
And MBBS is all about clinical experience. Agha Khan builds personality although a lot of people choose it for going abroad too. But I dont pick Shifa in my priorities because, its admisnitration is totally money minded and I plan to work in Pakistan
One can argue that working for a country is unjust. Doctors serve everyone, regardless of nationality, thus the initiative: Doctors without borders.

Anyway;

1. Studying medicine abroad is more expensive, and takes a longer time.
2. People working abroad = send money home. One of the largest ways of income for Pakistan is foreign remittance. So yes, doctors working abroad do contribute to Pakistan.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lets just say everyone has their own priorities and opinions. So, getting back to the thread. Where do people with 81 and 82 aggregates stand?

·
Registered
41 Posts
One can argue that working for a country is unjust. Doctors serve everyone, regardless of nationality, thus the initiative: Doctors without borders.

Anyway;

1. Studying medicine abroad is more expensive, and takes a longer time.
2. People working abroad = send money home. One of the largest ways of income for Pakistan is foreign remittance. So yes, doctors working abroad do contribute to Pakistan.
If you want to serve that country, then follow their study method. Why come to Pakistan, get cheaper education and then go back because its just not worth it here. And send remittance back home? Lol, everyone knows, one doc goes abroad and the sole aim of the entire family is to eventually move there too.
Besides, if that is the justification of how they 'still serve the country' by sending back remittance but not doing what they are directly trained for, i.e. actually work in Pakistani hospitals and improve the country's healthcare, then the same argument could be given for the female students being denied open merit. They dont actually work but they help raise better human beings by staying home so 'they are still helping Pakistan'.
Students taking up places in Pakistani colleges to make money abroad are wasting chances of other passionate students just as much as female students who dont work after the MBBS degree.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you want to serve that country, then follow their study method. Why come to Pakistan, get cheaper education and then go back because its just not worth it here. And send remittance back home? Lol, everyone knows, one doc goes abroad and the sole aim of the entire family is to eventually move there too.
Besides, if that is the justification of how they 'still serve the country' by sending back remittance but not doing what they are directly trained for, i.e. actually work in Pakistani hospitals and improve the country's healthcare, then the same argument could be given for the female students being denied open merit. They dont actually work but they help raise better human beings by staying home so 'they are still helping Pakistan'.
Students taking up places in Pakistani colleges to make money abroad are wasting chances of other passionate students just as much as female students who dont work after the MBBS degree.
Except 'serving a country' isn't any more noble a goal as serving humanity. Whether it is treating cancer patients in America, Ebola patients in Africa, or cholera patients in Pakistan. A doctor doesn't serve people within boundaries ( read; Hippocratic oath ), If you find that your calling is to treat your own people, then good for you, but don't assume that treating people of other countries is inferior to treating your own people. I don't share your passion for only treating people of this country, that is my right, and it isn't inferior to your passion. I will serve humanity, not any one single nation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Except 'serving a country' isn't any more noble a goal as serving humanity. Whether it is treating cancer patients in America, Ebola patients in Africa, or cholera patients in Pakistan. A doctor doesn't serve people within boundaries ( read; Hippocratic oath ), If you find that your calling is to treat your own people, then good for you, but don't assume that treating people of other countries is inferior to treating your own people. I don't share your passion for only treating people of this country, that is my right, and it isn't inferior to your passion. I will serve humanity, not any one single nation.
Then don't take the right to education of someone in a country you have no passion to work for. And if you cannot qualify to study in the country you do plan to work for, then maybe you dont deserve to work there at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alhamdulilah I got admission in Shifa
My aggregate on the basis of SAT2 is 88.9%
And now i am confused between SHIFA and CMH:?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Then don't take the right to education of someone in a country you have no passion to work for. And if you cannot qualify to study in the country you do plan to work for, then maybe you dont deserve to work there at all.
Country, Country, country. Why is it so hard to get that as a doctor, i would be least interested in serving any country? Any boundary? That is the whole concept behind doctors without borders, I seek to serve and cure illnesses. I can do that here or there, and i choose to do that there, no one has the right to tell me otherwise, and no one can claim any moral high-ground against it.

Studying abroad is unfeasible for a large no. of reasons, you can educate yourself on what those reasons are, i can't walk you through them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do NOT waste such a gr8 chance. Go ahead with shifa. Shifa is better than cmh on so many grounds. Just because you are reading different point of views on a community blog does not mean YOU should alter your priorities. In the end, the decision is yours. But plz do think before leaving such a golden oppurtunity such as shifa.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts